No announcement yet.

Remembering Sean Taylor today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, I know this is going to come off as harsh, but I gotta say it.

First and foremost, RIP. His life was tragically taken away and it's a shame, no question about it.

But hero? He wasn't a hero. I understand a lot of people look up to him bc of his freakish athleticism and all, but the guy wasn't exactly a model citizen either.

I understand he's passed away, and I'm not going to deny it was tragic, but let's not paint the guy to be something more than he was. He was a great football player with crazy athleticism.

But he wasn't a hero.

Comment

I remember watching him in college and thinking it looked like a professional playing against high school kids. Pure dominance. Tis a shame
      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

I loved Sean Taylor as a prospect, one of my favorite guys at probably my favorite position.

That said, he was a young player that struggled a bit and showed flashes early on. He was starting to blossom, but he was not one of the most dominant players ever, and certainly was no hero.

He was a guy that seemed to be getting it, after being a real dick early on (spitting in peoples faces among other things).

But yea, death does wonders for your legacy. Heath Ledger would just be a *** cowboy if he didn't die.

It's not hate, but these threads are really annoying when people try to make someone into something they aren't.
        Originally posted by SNIPER26
        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
          Cried like a baby the morning I found out. Will always be my favorite player, sucks he was took so young. His last season he was playing the best of his whole career, there was nothing he couldn't do.

Thank god for the mute button.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            It's unfortunate that his life, and his career ended when it did but I do agree with the tendency to canonize an individual after their death. Its natural as humans to be subject to nostalgia, so I definitely understand. The same things happened with Michael Jackson. Regardless of how you rank him in your all time safety rankings, its always sad to see someone so talented who had finally begun to straighten himself out be taken so early. Its life, but it just sucks sometimes.

That said, he was an incredibly gifted athlete and he was just learning to properly play the safety position. And Ill admit, I was a little teary eyed myself when Reed Doughty came on in the second play of that Bills game after they played with 10 for the first play. What an excellent play of remembrance. The Skins organization has been heavily criticized recently, but that was just great.
            Michael Jackson is still the perv that slept with little boys to me. am i gonna get in trouble for that?

RIP ST

Comment

Originally posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
              Did you actually ever watch him play?

You don't need a huge sample (10+ seasons) to be able to determine how good a player is. Gale Sayers, Terrell Davis, in their short time in the league, I think it's safe to say they established themselves as two of the best players at their position.

Sean Taylor was special. And in his short time he was able to play established how special he would be.
              I'm sorry, but Sean Taylor never had several mega impact years like Sayers and Davis did in their short careers. In fact, Taylor had an off year before he bounced back and was on his way to becoming an elite safety. There is just no ******* way you can call him one of the best ever, not even ******* close.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Well, I guess I'm a hater, because I'm with GB12.

As soon as Sean Taylor died, he became "ZOMG BEST SAFETY EVER" and everyone's favorite player.

Comment

R.I.P. Sean Taylor and thanks for the memories.

Comment

I am shocked Goddell hasn't fined Sean's estate for his hits. Joking. I am bad.

I is sad. RIP ST
                    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

R.I.P Sean. He was definetly on his way to being the best safety in the league. I still remember that playoff game vs the Skins in Tampa.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        Alright, I know this is going to come off as harsh, but I gotta say it.

First and foremost, RIP. His life was tragically taken away and it's a shame, no question about it.

But hero? He wasn't a hero. I understand a lot of people look up to him bc of his freakish athleticism and all, but the guy wasn't exactly a model citizen either.

I understand he's passed away, and I'm not going to deny it was tragic, but let's not paint the guy to be something more than he was. He was a great football player with crazy athleticism.

But he wasn't a hero.
                        No he wasnt a model citizen but he was a guy that completely changed his life style and how he lived once his little girl came into his life. Alot of Redskins players were praising him for how mature he was after that. He wasnt that immature punk anymore like he was when he first got into the league. He may not be a true warrior hero but he's a hero for changing the way he did, for protecting his family and making sure no harm comes there way.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
                          No he wasnt a model citizen but he was a guy that completely changed his life style and how he lived once his little girl came into his life. Alot of Redskins players were praising him for how mature he was after that. He wasnt that immature punk anymore like he was when he first got into the league. He may not be a true warrior hero but he's a hero for changing the way he did, for protecting his family and making sure no harm comes there way.
                          This. "Hero" might be a little bit strong, but you need to give the man credit for trying to turn his life around. Also, there was a lot of DPOY talk leading up to his death. Along with turning around his life off the field, it looked like he was done with being the guy who got by on his talent on the field, too. It's a damn shame he was cut down right as he was trying to improve himself.

RIP to the only guy in Madden history that me and all of my friends traded for before starting a franchise.

EDIT: Didn't read the end of your post. In that sense, yes, he's a hero.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin View Post
                            Michael Jackson is still the perv that slept with little boys to me. am i gonna get in trouble for that?
                            Thank you for this. Seems like people tend to forget this.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                              RIP to the only guy in Madden history that me and all of my friends traded for before starting a franchise.
                              1) Start franchise with a 4-3 team.
                              2) Trade for Haloti Ngata. The Ravens demand so much that you'd think he's a QB.
                              3) Re-sign for 7 years.
                              4) Edit Player -> Position changed to DT.

LOL @ messing with safeties when Ngata is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                                Thank you for this. Seems like people tend to forget this.
                                Probably because he didn't molest them.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information