No announcement yet.

What is Larry Fitzgerald worth to you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I think the Chiefs would be most likely if they feel that is the missing piece. Would be tough for the Cardinals to part with him as well.

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
      Tom Brady throwing to a prime Larry Fitzgerald with the rest of the pieces the Patriots have on offense? If that happens then the NFL might as well just cancel the season and give the Patriots the Super Bowl.
      Word on the street is that the NFL IS canceling the season...

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
        Yes, I think the Chiefs would be most likely if they feel that is the missing piece. Would be tough for the Cardinals to part with him as well.
        Well, from what I've read, they can't franchise him, and getting to agree to a long term deal next year would be very difficult unless they suddenly find a miracle solution at QB.

So it's trade him for what you can get, or let him walk and, at best, get a 3rd round comp pick a year later....

Comment

I think a mid 1st and 3rd would get it done.

Comment

Whatever it takes. If he hits the trade market, we have no excuses for not making a deal for him before the draft/during. Wide receiver is our number one need to keep this offense from regressing and Fitz is one of the best.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan
              He's already said he would love to play for Haley again and the Chiefs are on the rise. Cassel has played better than anyone is giving him credit for. 18TDs 4 INTs 2,074 YDs 96.2 QB Rating (i hate that stat). He has done well and adding Fitz would only make him look better. Plus, we have plenty of cap space. He would definitely sign. $$$ talks and $hit walks.
              If the Patriots are indeed interested, they'll be your biggest competition I think. They have a bigger stockpile of draft picks for ammunition and Fitz would probably realize that in that offense, he could potentially threaten the marks Randy Moss set a few years ago with the same team while immediately competing for a Superbowl.

Comment

Honestly, Fitz is probably "worth" more to us than any other team in the league. We have a roster full of complimentary receivers who are very, very good at being #2 and #3 options, but lack the ability to beat people in man situations and when the coverage is dictated towards them. Teams that clog the middle of the field and shut down the short passing lanes give us a real hard time. With a true number one guy, all of that becomes open again and our offense gets to stay efficient and safe, unlike the Moss days where his game was to chuck up a deep ball three times a game and hope for the best. He's in some ways, a better fit for this team than Moss was.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

The Pats are gunna trade for Larry Fitzgerald and sign DeAngelo Williams and forcefully rape the rest of the NFL from behind for the next 7 or 8 years.

With no lube.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                    The Pats are gunna trade for Larry Fitzgerald and sign DeAngelo Williams and forcefully rape the rest of the NFL from behind for the next 7 or 8 years.

With no lube.
                    They don't even need DeAngelo to do that. They have the almight Dannyzzz Woodheadzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Don't think the Pats would spend the pick necessary to trade for Fitz.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Probably not, as its one of those situations that makes far too much sense to actually happen. That said, I'd imagine that Oakland's first this year and maybe one of their second rounders would get it done for Fitz, which would still leave them with a late first rounder and most likely the first pick in the second round (Carolina). I know they value their draft picks very highly, but if the opportunity comes around to send some of those for a Top 3 receiver in his prime, I think you absolutely have to pull the trigger when you can get that and still have two picks in the 26-33 range.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

If they're planning on taking a rookie WR with one of their first rounders, why not simply send that along with another pick to get a proven NFL WR still in his prime?

It does make too much sense to happen though...

Comment

Why is that? We've shown we're interested in receivers like this before. We were willing to do a deal for Boldin last year, but it fell through. We're looking at spending a first rounder on a receiver right now anyway. Fitz would be better right away than anyone we could get in the draft and be a great cultural fit. Plus it would give BB another chance to sit back and stockpile picks for a couple years, which we all know he loves doing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                              Why is that? We've shown we're interested in receivers like this before. We were willing to do a deal for Boldin last year, but it fell through. We're looking at spending a first rounder on a receiver right now anyway. Fitz would be better right away than anyone we could get in the draft and be a great cultural fit. Plus it would give BB another chance to sit back and stockpile picks for a couple years, which we all know he loves doing.
                              I wouldn't say the Pats have shown they are willing to spend a first for a WR. How do we know that? Sorry, but the organization has valued 1st and 2nd round picks so much the past few years, it is tough to see.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Not going to happen but... Nicks and Fitzgerald would make me do backflips.

Just a dream but, Smith in the slot, Manningham to spread 'em deep, Nicks and Fitz on the edges. Oh lord.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information