What is Larry Fitzgerald worth to you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
    Well, from what I've read, they can't franchise him, and getting to agree to a long term deal next year would be very difficult unless they suddenly find a miracle solution at QB.

So it's trade him for what you can get, or let him walk and, at best, get a 3rd round comp pick a year later....
    we can franchise him, it would just cost $20MM

If Fitzgerald is franchise tagged in 2012, he must be paid $23 million that season
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=nfl&id=1661
    Last edited by fenikz; 11-28-2010, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
      we can franchise him, it would just cost $20MM
      The article seems to suggest that they can't:

The question as to Fitzgerald becomes whether the Cardinals want to try to get value for him before the 2011 season ends, at which time he can leave without the use of the franchise tag or any other restricted.(sic)
      I dunno.

Comment

I love Fitzgerald but I honestly can't see us making this trade. We have the picks to do it, but I think we are going to hold onto them and use them on draft day. I would welcome Larry with open arms, but we are looking pretty good at WR now and have been getting a lot out of our TE's. We need to work on adding OL and front 7 help through the draft, but I would be ecstatic if we took Fitzgerald too. He literally would be a perfect fit for us.

Comment

I'd give up a 1st round pick.

Comment

If Donovan is indeed back no reason to think that the skins wouldn't consider trying to get Fitz with our top 15 pick as the base of the trade.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

A 1st and a 3rd RD pick, and a WR/5th RD'er.

So basically, I think Fitz is worth the Roy Williams deal. With a capable QB, he's arguably the best WR in the league. You're not just getting a #1 WR, but a guy whp can be impossible to cover and can dominate DB's. He's in his prime, and carries zero baggage. There's little risk in my eyes, especially for a team like the Pats and Chiefs.
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Fitzgerald won't land in either New England or KC via a trade. Belichick and Scott Pioli are very shrewd GMs and will only do a deal if it makes total sense for their franchise.

Fitz is a great player, but they'd have to give up a ton of capital to get him. The Cardinals will want ridiculous compensation and Larry will want a new mega deal.

There's a reason why the Patriots are consistently in the top tier in the NFL and the Chiefs are on the way up. While on the other hand, teams that make blockbuster type of deals are wildly inconsistent.
                Currently on IR: Rip 2011 Jamaal Charles :(

Comment

I think a lot depends on the new CBA at this point. If there is no salary cap and the compensation isn't ridiculous I believe they could really think about it. However after recently paying Brady, Wilfork etc and Merriweather, Mayo, Vollmer etc all probably looking at new deals in the next 2-3 years I don't think they would entertain thoughts of paying Fitz to be the top WR in the league.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

The Cardinals should offer Fitzgerald as part of a package to help them get Andrew Luck. They need a franchise QB as much as any team in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                      The Cardinals should offer Fitzgerald as part of a package to help them get Andrew Luck. They need a franchise QB as much as any team in the league.
                      The problem with that is they'd probably have to send him to Carolina or Buffalo for the top pick. Larry would need to agree to an extension before anyone in their right minds would give up picks for him, and I doubt he'd really want to go to another rebuilding team.

He holds a good deal of the power. If he doesn't want to play for a certain team, he just needs to refuse to negotiate an extension.

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                        we should be willing.if we're gonna take a WR early in the draft why not package a couple of picks for the best in the biz
                        After the last few games with Bowe dominating and us not getting pressure, I don't buy that WR is our biggest need. We need an OLB in the worst way.

Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

I noticed that you BeerBaron were willing to throw in two 1st rounders for the guy...After not having 1st round picks the past few years, I wouldn't want a similar situation. While having a dominant guy on the team at 1 position is great, I think having two 1st round picks (who could bust or be good) is more important. IMO it's not the reciever position that is holding the Bears back, it is the OL. Do we need an upgrade at WR? Yes. Do we need to mortage more of our future for it? No.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                            I noticed that you BeerBaron were willing to throw in two 1st rounders for the guy...After not having 1st round picks the past few years, I wouldn't want a similar situation. While having a dominant guy on the team at 1 position is great, I think having two 1st round picks (who could bust or be good) is more important. IMO it's not the reciever position that is holding the Bears back, it is the OL. Do we need an upgrade at WR? Yes. Do we need to mortage more of our future for it? No.
                            I wouldn't want to throw them like that, but if he were available for less, I'd want us to look into it badly.

And I agree that we actually have a decent group of #2 and 3 type WRs, and improving out o-line would help make them and our passing game more effective. But if we were trade say a 1 this year a 3 next year, or something like that, we could definitely still pick up some o-line players who could help right away. The value at our biggest need positions like o-line and safety just isn't there this year...and if we were considering drafting a rookie WR, I'd rather send the pick away for a proven top 3 WR in the league.

And Fitz would fit what Cutler does beautifully. Cutler does like to throw it dangerously and hope his WR can make a play....something our 5'10 speedsters suck at but an awesome physical specimen like Fitz would do.

Comment

Paying two first round picks for Fitzgerald would not necessarily prevent the Bears from addressing other needs. There are other draft picks that can be used, as well as free agency and continuing to develop young players. If the Bears rely solely on first round picks to acquire talent they're screwed either way.

Comment

Colt/Fitz/Hillis = respectability in 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information