Peyton Manning, what can be done?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
    The fact your still responding to my ridiculous posts is proving my point.
    I don't even know what your point is.

This is why your arguments fall apart. You still have not realized that all stats are not created equally.
    I am not sure I understand you. Could you please explain?

Comment

• Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
      You forgot that Manning is going to end up with 500 more yards and 4 more touchdowns, at this rate. And you do realize that Brady had the exact same interception percentage last year that Manning does this year?
      Which is why I used completion percentage, ypa and TD:INT ratio, since Manning is obviously going to throw a hell of a lot more. You're not really this dense, are you? Landry Jones was second in the country in passing yards this year- he must be better than nearly everyone else. Sure, he led the country in attempts, but obviously, that's all that matters.

Comment

I don't even know what your point is.

I am not sure I understand you. Could you please explain?
        Because Peyton is also on pace for 700 attempts this season.

If we use your criteria (which seems to be summed up strictly statistical dominance and supporting cast), then Kyle Orton is having a better year than either one of them.

There's also the fact that Peyton plays indoors for the majority of his games, while Brady plays oustide, on grass, and in bad weather at this time of year.

Also see: my sig.
        Last edited by yourfavestoner; 12-05-2010, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          Which is why I used completion percentage, ypa and TD:INT ratio, since Manning is obviously going to throw a hell of a lot more. You're not really this dense, are you? Landry Jones was second in the country in passing yards this year- he must be better than nearly everyone else. Sure, he led the country in attempts, but obviously, that's all that matters.
          Because Peyton is also on pace for 700 attempts this season.

If we use your criteria (which seems to be summed up strictly statistical dominance and supporting cast), then Kyle Orton is having a better year than either one of them.

There's also the fact that Peyton plays indoors for the majority of his games, while Brady plays oustide, on grass, and in bad weather at this time of year.

Also see: my sig.
          Attempts are an important stat as well, moreso in the NFL than in college. They are an indicator of how much a QB in doing for his team.

And Kyle Orton this year is just as good as Brady was last year

Comment

• troll gonna troll

Comment

Attempts are an important stat as well, moreso in the NFL than in college. They are an indicator of how much a QB in doing for his team.
              .....what? I'm sorry, but that argument is absolutely indefensible. One of the poorest arguments I've ever heard.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I refuse to believe that this is a serious post.

Comment

• Three picks on the day for Manning. Third game in a row with at least three interceptions. **** the Colts.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Oh. My. God.

Comment

• What YFS just said. Kyle Orton > Brady obviously. My question, is it time to rep rape yet?

Originally posted by WMD
                      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                      Originally posted by gpngc
                      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Got that sig quoted for prosperity.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                          .....what? I'm sorry, but that argument is absolutely indefensible. One of the poorest arguments I've ever heard.
                          How do you figure? If a QB passes more in shows that he is throwing more because his team needs him to.

Comment

• Comment

How do you figure? If a QB passes more in shows that he is throwing more because his team needs him to.

I think that poetically describes the situation.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• That last pick was horrible. From the camera behind the LOS you could see pretty much exactly what Peyton was thinking. Blair White was to his left and he was watching him for what felt like 4 seconds waiting for him to break away from his guy, which he did, and as soon as the hole opened up the Dallas LB came from the other side and stepped right in front of it without Peyton even giving a glance outside of his receiver and the 1 guy covering him at the time.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information