Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peyton Manning, what can be done?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    injuries are good.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Halsey View Post
      Yes, if a player on the Colts is injured it doesn't hurt them because the guy that backs him up is automatically just as good, because Manning haters say so.

      Some arguments aren't worth the trouble. Manning haters are too hot and bothered over the fact the Colts aren't that good for the first time in years. You can't reason with them.
      I was under the impression that you could throw whoever into their offense and Manning would get them to produce and just win gamez. That's what the Peyton lovers have told me for the past seven years.

      I guess I completely overlooked that Addai and Collie are irreplaceable talents.

      Comment


      • #63
        Dude, Peyton is fighting against the Super Bowl curse. Give him a break!!

        Sig by Hitman D.

        Comment


        • #64
          YFS, I recall us having a conversation about how awesome conversation was on this board yesterday. And then I wake up to this.


          Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
            I was under the impression that you could throw whoever into their offense and Manning would get them to produce and just win gamez. That's what the Peyton lovers have told me for the past seven years.

            I guess I completely overlooked that Addai and Collie are irreplaceable talents.
            they never said they are irreplacable talents. but seriously, your hate is going pretty far abroad. its obvious that if they lose their #1 TE, #1 RB and a bunch of WRs, that there is a talent dropoff. Manning can only do that much. Making a player a better weapon for me is kinda like bringing out the most out of the talent that the guy has. At some points injuries hurt. While Addai and Collie are no worldbeaters, they sure as hell dont help.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
              they never said they are irreplacable talents. but seriously, your hate is going pretty far abroad. its obvious that if they lose their #1 TE, #1 RB and a bunch of WRs, that there is a talent dropoff. Manning can only do that much. Making a player a better weapon for me is kinda like bringing out the most out of the talent that the guy has. At some points injuries hurt. While Addai and Collie are no worldbeaters, they sure as hell dont help.
              That's funny, because the Patriots are 9-2 with Danny Woodhead and Benjarvus Green-Ellis as their starting RBs, Deion Branch as their No. 1 WR and have two rookies as their best TEs. Seems like Brady is doing well.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                That's funny, because the Patriots are 9-2 with Danny Woodhead and Benjarvus Green-Ellis as their starting RBs, Deion Branch as their No. 1 WR and have two rookies as their best TEs. Seems like Brady is doing well.
                Brady hazzzzz a defense to BAIL HIM OUT! Oh wait........ I wonder what excuse is going to be acceptable to dismiss Brady this year...oh wait we have it, Brady isn't as important to his team.


                Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                  That's funny, because the Patriots are 9-2 with Danny Woodhead and Benjarvus Green-Ellis as their starting RBs, Deion Branch as their No. 1 WR and have two rookies as their best TEs. Seems like Brady is doing well.
                  Offensive line is much more important than receivers. Give any HoF caliber QB time to throw, doesn't matter who he is throwing to providing they can catch, and he will look great. It doesn't matter who you are throwing it to if you are on your back or getting hit as you/right after you release the ball.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                    they never said they are irreplacable talents. but seriously, your hate is going pretty far abroad. its obvious that if they lose their #1 TE, #1 RB and a bunch of WRs, that there is a talent dropoff. Manning can only do that much. Making a player a better weapon for me is kinda like bringing out the most out of the talent that the guy has. At some points injuries hurt. While Addai and Collie are no worldbeaters, they sure as hell dont help.
                    But I don't think you can make two credible arguements about Collie and Addai etc.

                    Last year Manning got the Colts to the Superbowl despite Addai not being very good, Collie and Garcon being no name WRs etc

                    This year Manning is struggling because he cant hand off to Addai and throw to Collie and Garcon etc.

                    People need to make their minds up.

                    Manning has had a ridiculous amount of injuries that he's had to deal with but so has Phillip Rivers. His favourite target was sidelined a few games and gimpy in others, his big WR was out all season except two plays last night, the guy who was to replace him has been hurt, first round RB has been inconsistent and hurt. He's been throwing to no name WRs too.

                    Manning has simply not played well this year. Is Peyton Manning a top 3-5 QB in the league? Of course he is, in fact he's still a top 2 QB, because one blip in his career doesn't indicate much, especially when so many injuries are concerned. The problem is, it needs to be said that he is playing bad football at the minute.

                    Imagine it's not Peyton Manning but Jimmy Clausen(who has a worse supporting cast) who threw 7 INTs in his last two games. It's easier to criticise him than The Peyton Manning.


                    BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      The opposing team has scored at least 26 points in every Colts loss. It's not like the Colts offense is unable to put the ball in the end zone while the defense holds teams in check. The Chargers game is the first time the Colts have lost a game by more than 10 points.

                      Also, they've had a rusher go over 50 yards 3 times this year. 2 of those 3 was Addai.

                      Yes, it does seem like Manning gets all the credit at times, but 1 player can only do so much in football. The Colts have issues running the ball, playing defense and they're relying on a lot of backups at offense skill positions.
                      Last edited by Halsey; 11-29-2010, 11:17 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Jimmy Clausen is exactly in the same situation.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                          Brady hazzzzz a defense to BAIL HIM OUT! Oh wait........ I wonder what excuse is going to be acceptable to dismiss Brady this year...oh wait we have it, Brady isn't as important to his team.
                          Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                          Offensive line is much more important than receivers. Give any HoF caliber QB time to throw, doesn't matter who he is throwing to providing they can catch, and he will look great. It doesn't matter who you are throwing it to if you are on your back or getting hit as you/right after you release the ball.
                          Like clockwork.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                            They played just fine? What part of going undefeated to completely missing the playoffs (to a team that went 1-15 the year before, no less) is fine? In what universe is a six game dropoff fine?

                            And I'm trying to be as objective as the "Manning wins with trash like Collie and Addai.....no wait, he's losing because he doesn't have his awesome weapons in Collie and Addai" crowd.

                            They went 11-5 (still playoff bound most years) with their backup qb who hadnt started a football game in 5 years in a division that i already said was much better than the year before.

                            And thats not what anyone reasonably would say its just how you like to twist and interpret it because it fits your argument. Collie and Addai are definitely better than Brown and the merry go round of wr fill ins they are using now, theyre not all world but they are certainly serviceable.

                            Youre the only person who thinks youre arugment is reasonable right now, everyone w/o an agenda (Jvig) think your being a huge hater. But no, everyone else is wrong and youre right.
                            Last edited by hockey619; 11-29-2010, 11:14 AM.
                            Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
                            Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                              Like clockwork.
                              It is not my fault it is a fact. Brady has all day to throw behind his line the majority of the time. The only times he really hasn't were against the Ravens, Chargers, and the first half against the Lions.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                                Like clockwork.
                                Haha Dan Connolly, Matt light, to the pro bowl. I'm pretty sure Brady has still been sacked more then Manning to, but hey it's cool to state opinion as fact.


                                Originally posted by WMD
                                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                                Originally posted by gpngc
                                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information