Finnegan: Fined heavily or Suspended?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
    I know people like WRs more than CBs, but Johnson wasn't faultless in that fight. He threw punches too.
    Yeah but because Cortland is overrated and mixed race, they tend to side with the victim.

Comment

Neither is going to be suspended imo, and if they are, it will be both.

Finnegan has prior offenses in which he's been fined, while Andre is clean of anything of this nature. If anything, Andre is probably going to be fined less because he has no history.

And personally wish he would have ****** Finnegan up worse and bloodied him a bit. I hate annoying ************* like that....they just push buttons and push buttons and then act all cocky. Good for Andre. If I were rich, I'd offer to pay his fine myself.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
        i'm also unsure why it merits mentioning that he hit his bare face. was he supposed to punch him in the face mask?
        Maybe he figures that if Finnegan's enough of a dumbass to hit someone in the helmet, everyone else should be.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
          Neither is going to be suspended imo, and if they are, it will be both.

Finnegan has prior offenses in which he's been fined, while Andre is clean of anything of this nature. If anything, Andre is probably going to be fined less because he has no history.
          And personally wish he would have ****** Finnegan up worse and bloodied him a bit. I hate annoying ************* like that....they just push buttons and push buttons and then act all cocky. Good for Andre. If I were rich, I'd offer to pay his fine myself.
          Andre isn't a first time offender...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

"This was Round 2 between Johnson and Finnegan. Last season, Johnson was fined $7,500 for taking Finnegan to the ground by the face mask during a scuffle after a play in a 34-31 Texans win."

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
          I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...s-before-fight

In the seconds before Sunday's ugly brawl between Tennessee Titans cornerback Cortland Finnegan and Houston Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson, Finnegan grabbed the attention of the Texans' sideline and shouted, "Watch this," according to the Houston Chronicle on Monday.
            And by "watch this", he means "watch me get my ass kicked by a guy who nobody in their right mind would ever want to mess with,".

Comment

Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
              Andre isn't a first time offender...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

"This was Round 2 between Johnson and Finnegan. Last season, Johnson was fined $7,500 for taking Finnegan to the ground by the face mask during a scuffle after a play in a 34-31 Texans win."
              Well Finnegan has been hit with fines more times still, and he's on record as saying he wants to be recognized as the league's dirtiest player. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rtiest-player/

Saying that about yourself to the NFL is basically like telling the police you want to be the best cop killer there is. You do anything and they're going to come down on you harder.

Johnson isn't innocent and I'm not trying to make that case, but Finnegan deserves to receive at least the same punishment, whatever it may end up being.

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/3WCsj.png

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...s-before-fight

lol... nfl.com seems to think the titans won the game.

Comment

The easy answer is they both ****** up. No one's going to defend Finnegan, unless they are a Titans fan, because of his reputation. He did, however, instigate this all game with unnecessary after-the-whistle tough guyery.

I don't mind players who talk **** and get under other players' skin, it's a competition and you play how you play. Get any competitive advantage you can. You just got to know that, eventually, it's going to end up bad for you. Picking a fight with Andre Johnson was just a bad, ****** idea and it was a moment of weakness from Johnson for losing his top like an idiot.

Both should be fined heavily (more than Harrison, taking out hard hits and saying it's okay that this be a thug league would be a dumb ass message), I don't think a suspension is necessary. I've always hated how refs penalize the guy that retaliates and gives the instigator a free pass.

Comment

I didn't watch the game so I probably shouldn't comment, but that's Finnegan's game. An annoying person to play against, a scrappy, tough corner who's an agitator. And what'd he do? Get Johnson kicked out of the game, so I would think he would have done what he wanted to set out to do. Maybe that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by iBoldin View Post
                      I didn't watch the game so I probably shouldn't comment, but that's Finnegan's game. An annoying person to play against, a scrappy, tough corner who's an agitator. And what'd he do? Get Johnson kicked out of the game, so I would think he would have done what he wanted to set out to do. Maybe that's just me.
                      Problem is he also got kicked out and now the league is going to be hitting them both hard...Finnegan possibly harder given his priors and saying that he intends to be the leagues dirtiest player.

Comment

Originally posted by iBoldin View Post
                        he also already gave up a TD and like 60 yards

Comment

let's be fair here... it wasn't 'in that time'. it was after both helmets were ripped off, that AJ started punching him.
                          That's semantics. It's because Finnegan was ripping off Johnson's helmet that Johnson was in the position to get on top of him and start hitting him.

i'm also unsure why it merits mentioning that he hit his bare face. was he supposed to punch him in the face mask?
                          Basically, yeah. You see guys hit each other all the time, but they're usually still wearing their helmets. Two players get into it after a play, and one guy pops the other guy in the head. But, it's usually shrugged off because the guy was protected by his helmet, although a personal foul is still probably called if it's caught. Punching a guy who's not wearing a helmet is definitely different to me.

Also, I'm not saying Andre should have punched Finny when he has his helmet on (even though I say "Basically, yeah" to your question). My main point is that punching a guy who has a helmet on and punching a guy who doesn't have one on are different, with the latter being more serious. To get on top of a guy, who is missing his helmet because you ripped it off of him, and start throwing punches is even more so.

further, glancing blows? come on. both punches were solid shots to finnegan's head. even if they were glancing blows, they still would've incapacitated most of this board.
                          Those were totally glancing blows. He landed 2 solid hits, and one of them was to the back of Finnegan's head which probably did zip. The worst was the "haymaker," which was the last he threw. I think most adult men could take those, and I'm not trying to be tough behind a computer screen here. Finnegan didn't seem phased whatsoever by the hits either.

You shouldn't underestimate the SWDC members, Njx! We hardcore!
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

i mean there are people who use Macs! We are tough as ****

Comment

i can only hope that was just a bad joke.
                              Yeah it was, so now lets analyze Cortland's game, focusing mainly on the guys he covered for the majority of the game.

Week 1: I have no idea who he covered but only McFadden and Miller did the most damage.
                              Week 2: Hines Ward - 1 rec, 9 yards...multiple QBs tho for Ward
                              Week 3: Hakeem Nicks - 7 rec, 56 yards
                              Week 4: Jabar Gaffney - 5 rec, 51 yards
                              Week 5: Roy Williams - 6 rec, 87 yards, 1 TD...rough day
                              Week 6: Mike Sims-Walker - 2 rec, 18 yards....had Trent Edwards at QB for most of the game.
                              Week 7: Jeremy Maclin - 5 rec, 42 yards...Kolb at QB
                              Week 8: Patrick Crayton - 4 rec, 46 yards
                              Week 10: Brandon Marshall - 3 rec, 34 yards
                              Week 11: Anthony Armstrong - 3 rec, 41 yards
                              Week 12: Andre Johnson - 9 rec, 56 yards, 1 TD

Comment

heh, i think most of this board would piss their pants if they were about to take a punch to the face from johnson (i certainly would... dude is huge).
                                Most of this board also has enough common sense to not start **** with Johnson in order to be punched.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information