No announcement yet.

Finnegan: Fined heavily or Suspended?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys quit being so rational and stuff.
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
      If Andre Johnson knew how to throw a punch he could of did some damage. The point is that Johnson used violence and Finnegan just talked ****

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
        If Andre Johnson knew how to throw a punch he could of did some damage. The point is that Johnson used violence and Finnegan just talked ****
        What are you talking about? Finnegan clearly went after Johnson's helmet first in an aggressive manner. Just because you aren't throwing a punch doesn't mean you can't use violence.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
          What are you talking about? Finnegan clearly went after Johnson's helmet first in an aggressive manner. Just because you aren't throwing a punch doesn't mean you can't use violence.
          Well, there's that and there's also the fact that Finnegan swung at Johnson's helmet (because he's a dumbass). But yeah, whatever best suits your argument, R/W/O.

Comment

Now Finnegan is going to have an even bigger target on his back from everyone else in the NFL. What an idiot. And dude needs a haircut.

Comment

Looks like both were fined $25,000. No suspension.

Comment

I cannot believe Johnson avoided suspension.

Wow.
                "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                  I cannot believe Johnson avoided suspension.

Wow.
                  I can't recall a player ever being suspended for a fight. You get ejected and fined and that's that.

People are seriously making this a way bigger deal than it is.

Comment

Don't forget that the Texans play in the NFL Network game this week, that definitely had some consideration.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Some guy on the facebook group of AJ whoopin on Finnegan:

Should go by Innegan now, since Andre knocked the "F" out of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                        Don't forget that the Texans play in the NFL Network game this week, that definitely had some consideration.
                        I thought about that as well. Can't take away one of the league's premier players....

I don't know that Johnson would have been suspended anyways though.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                          to be fair, i recall very few fights that were so graphic and obvious on tv. a few guys pushing each other, one fade away punch? not really comparable.

unless, of course, you're in the internet tough guy camp regarding the quality of the punches. in which case i guess one could make the argument that the punches were too weak to merit suspension.

That fight was the exact same circumstances, verbatim. Crowder was doing stuff to piss of the New England o-linemen. Matt Light got sick of it, ripped his helmet off, and bashed his head in. Crowder ran away laughing. It got covered that Sunday and blew over quickly. Nobody cared by Monday.

And I'm not in the internet tough guy camp, either. I just think this is receiving way more publicity than it deserves because
                          a) everyone hates Cortland Finnegan
                          and
                          b) everyone loves Andre Johnson
                          Last edited by yourfavestoner; 11-29-2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                            I can't recall a player ever being suspended for a fight. You get ejected and fined and that's that.

People are seriously making this a way bigger deal than it is.
                            I can't recall a player ever landing 2.5 punches on a helmetless opponent.

There is NO WAY Finnegan should be fined as much as Andre based on the actual event.

Two things affected this decision heavily:
                            1) It's Andre Johnson.
                            2) Richard Seymour did something that in reality was no where near as violent or malicious as Dre but because it was pretty much the same physical action and didn't draw a suspension just one week earlier, the NFL did not want to take the heat for the comparisons that would inevitably have come.

EDIT: I just saw the video you posted. That's fascinating. I think Light should have been suspended also.
                            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Yea, I completely forgot that Matt Light wasn't suspended.

But then again, with this new "hits to the head" emphasis - I could understand it.

Then again, as I said earlier, you have to have a brain to be concussed...
                              **** her in da *****!

Comment

• I don't love Andre or hate Cortland, but the dude was asking for it bad, and got bitched around, even if you don't think the punches were legit, Andre punked him on national TV bad when he was trying to show everyone how rough and dirty he was.

It's really as simple as that, he was like that guy that slips and tries to pretend he did it on purpose and play it off. He got punked and was trying to clap and make it like he accomplished some goal.
                                Originally posted by SNIPER26
                                fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information