Nate Burleson (Lions) guarantees win over 8-3 Bears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Burleson (Lions) guarantees win over 8-3 Bears

Lions WR Nate Burleson is guaranteeing a victory over the 8-3 Bears this Sunday. Starting QB Shaun Hill is not playing...and in favor of him will be 3rd stringer Drew Stanton. What do you guys think? Does Burleson wind up looking like an idiot for guaranteeing this win?

Story : http://www.chicitysports.com/2010/12...ry-over-bears/

I remember the guy on the Lions who said if they went 0-16 he would walk home from that final away game. Not the same Lions, but funny nontheless. Predictions like this usual don;t work out too well and if they do then nobody cares, so it's pretty much a lose lose situation.

Comment

Roy Williams much? What is it about Lions WRs and predicting wins over the Bears?
      I want a sig.

Comment

This one just stinks of a trap game for us. The Bears are coming off of a big statement win over the Eagles and get the Patriots at home next Sunday night. The Bears should still win though. Drew Stanton's starting.

Comment

Why say this? What good does it do? Jon Kitna gauranteed 10 wins a few years ago too. How about the Lions win a few more games before their players start gauranteeing things

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Burleson clearly hasn't seen the injury report. I'd be shocked if we score more than 0 points.
            I'm a state.

Comment

I can see it, the lions are going to make sure to get up for this game.

Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Drew Stanton starting and the Bears playing there best football. I'll take my Bears.

Comment

Drew Stanton is an ass
                  Asked whether he retained any of the mechanics taught to him by Martz, Stanton said, "Not a single one."
                  Asked about Martz on Wednesday, Stanton told MLive.com, "that's way behind me and I want to leave it back there. That was something I had to go through, and I grew up in the process. I'm stronger now because of it. Obviously, with some of the stuff that [Martz] was doing with my mechanics and whatnot just wasn't natural for me. That's not my focus. I'm not taking a snap against Mike Martz, so I'm not really too worried about what he's got going on over there, other than just trying to get more points than they do."
                  no wonder you are a ******* 3rd QB on the lions

Comment

Being a capable NFL QB isn't natural for him either so I can understand that.
                    Last edited by regoob2; 12-01-2010, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Wait why isnt Cutler starting?

Originally posted by WMD
                      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                        Wait why isnt Cutler starting?
                        ?????
                        Stanton is on the lions

Comment

Matt Stafford starting = Good chance
                          Shaun Hill starting = Chance
                          Drew Stanton starting = No chance

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                            ?????
                            Stanton is on the lions
                            Haha I read someone elses post wrong. I was pretty confused for a second.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

Stanton still has tools. I'm not even making a tool joke. I don't think he'll ever make anything of himself in the NFL but there's a reason he's still on a roster when most total scrub 3rd stringers would have washed out by now.

No chance against the Lions though.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information