Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next NFL Head Coach is

Ron Rivera

What else does this guy have to do? While as Chicago Bears Defensive Coordinator he had the unit in the top 5 for three years running a 4/3 system. Now as Chargers defensive coordinator there running a 3/4 and once again his unit is tops in the league. I don't know a more deserving coordinator of being a head coach. I have not seen a coordinator be able to take two different systems and make them top five units.

Methinks he doesn't interview well.

Comment

Methinks hes the next token minority candidate for all future head coaching job openings.. unless Leslie Frazier doesn't hold on to the Vikings job.

Comment

Not "next"... He was used in that capacity in the past because it's less obvious to get around that rule by using a Hispanic guy rather than shipping in Ted Cottrell/Leslie Frazier/James Lofton.

Comment

Methinks he's been deserving of a shot for quite some time.

But mealsothinks that it's an unwritten rule that minority coaching candidates must get shot down at least 4 times before the big bad white guy in charge says "ok, i guess we have no other option"

Comment

Maybe he's not keen on the job?

Comment

Pardon my language, but I ******* Love Ron Rivera!

I was so stoked when he joined our staff, and I wish he would take over the reigns for the Bolts! Norv is a great offensive mind, a genius, but as a coach he is "offensive"!

Oh well, as stated Rivera will get his call...But when?

Comment

Really like this guy. The Wade Phillips style 3-4 and the Tampa 2 are as dissimilar as any two defenses in the NFL and he has run them both at an extremely high level. He got screwed by the Bears and has really come back all the way from it to being a relevant coaching candidate again.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Methinks that more offensive-minded coaches are likely to get jobs in a league where offense is heavily favored.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

He got a major, major screw job in Chicago after our Superbowl run as I recall. Lovie was in the final year of his contract and trying to leverage the team for all he could get while Rivera had been interviewed for other head coaching jobs, and I guess there was some fear in the Lovie camp that they might let him go and give the job to Rivera if Lovie wanted too much...so he fired Rivera.

Then we entered a downward spiral of ****** defensive coordinating with Bob Babich then Lovie last year. Uber conservative 95% of the time, then, big blitz that blows up in our face.

Marinelli has done a good job of remedying that this year, but Rivera was a excellent coordinator.

And now that he has experience calling a 3-4 defense, it should make him even more attractive since he could go into any team and work with the defense that best fits their personnel.

Comment

Hopefully he comes in and takes over for McD.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Polian! Fire Fat Dungy and hire Rivera! If you can't beat 'em, hire 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                          Polian! Fire Fat Dungy and hire Rivera! If you can't beat 'em, hire 'em!
                          You know what, that actually makes a lot of sense.

Any chance they fire Caldwell this year?

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                            You know what, that actually makes a lot of sense.

Any chance they fire Caldwell this year?
                            Small chance. If the team continues to tank and the Colts miss the playoffs obviously the chances go up. Polian and Irsay seem to like continuity which is why they hired Caldwell in the first place. But he and his staff have made some really bone-headed decisions this season that has cost the team wins. I think he will probably get at least another year because of injuries but IMO he is completely out of his depth and needs to go back to position coaching.

Comment

He will definitely get a shot somewhere this year. I hope he stays, but at the same time he deserves to be a head coach and I'd wish him the best. Maybe Wade Phillips would come back, he had some times here...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information