Rolando McClain has f'ing ARTHRITIS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
    Isn't it possible he can still play depending on the type and severity of the arthritis?
    Yeah, it all depends. If it was reactive arthritis, which is the most common in young adults, it's usually not chronic although it does take some time, ie several months, of aggressive treatment.

He's very likely done for the year regardless. He needs to focus on treating the arthritis, first, before he risks doing my injury. It's one of those things where if he goes out there with it bothering him, gets hit wrong, suddenly he's got serious and chronic arthritis and his career is over. Expect him to go on IR.

Oh, he might have Chrons? Chrons can cause arthritis. Serious arthritis. Not good.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

David Garrard has had Chrohns for about 5 years now and he's done ok.

Comment

Yeah, it's just that every single person is declaring his career over before the diagnosis has even been determined.

Comment

Good night sweet prince

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
          - Corner or Wideout in the first
          - No reaching
          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Good old crazy Al... Even his safe picks backfire... O well...he'll be dead soon...which is what every Raiders fans been waiting on the last decade... The celebration will be tremendous if he ever dies... Only way too truly be rid of him is to destroy his Lazarus Pit.

Comment

Fwiw, I wasn't nearly as high on him as many were. I just saw a smart, but average athlete at the college level. He could be a good player, but I don't think he'll ever be a great player.

Brandon Spikes bandwagon ftw.

Comment

At this point with absolutely no real information regarding the severity of it, I'd just assume its about as debilitating as Harvin's migraines.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                  :S

I liked him a lot as a prospect, this is sad to hear.

How was he playing?
                  He had a slow start but he was coming around. This is probably the worst news I've heard in a long ******* time.

Comment

if it was as bad as people are making it out to be, it would have been seen pre-draft.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

This is obviously bad news for the Raiders and McClain, but let's wait for some more information before we declare this guy's career over.

Comment

Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
                        He had a slow start but he was coming around. This is probably the worst news I've heard in a long ******* time.
                        Worse than "with the 7th pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the Oakland Raiders select Darius Heyward Bey"

or "with the 1st pick in the 2007 NFL draft, the Oakland Raiders select Jamarcus Russell"

?????

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          Worse than "with the 7th pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the Oakland Raiders select Darius Heyward Bey"

or "with the 1st pick in the 2007 NFL draft, the Oakland Raiders select Jamarcus Russell"

?????
                          That is a very tough question to answer.

Comment

I think we need more info before the whole "his career is over" talk starts.

Comment

**** me sideways with a baseball bat.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
                              like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

Remember a few years ago when it came out that Urlacher had an arthritic back and it could hamper his career?

Well he's still going fine, and isn't any worse for the wear than your average 32 year old linebacker.

I wouldn't be too upset about this until you see what his long term prognosis is like.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information