No announcement yet.

Haynesworth Suspended Final 4 Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even though I think Mike Shanahan was just as responsible for the Haynesworth situation this year, I don't want this guy on the Pats.

Comment

It's amazing that fans excuse make for Haynesworth by blaming Shanahan. Not getting along with a coach is no excuse for quitting on teammates and fans. It's amazing the way many fans are so mesmerized by some athletes that they can't see faults with anything that athlete does.

Comment

Haynesworth right now is Randy Moss with the Raiders. ****** situation all around and his personality is not one that is going to try in that situation. At the same time if you put him in the right situation(Colts, Bears or Giants sounds about right) then he can flip the switch and be a beast still.

If they do cut him it will be very interesting to watch how he responds and what teams go for him. He is far too talented to not find a home but also needs the right situation and a team that isn't going to give him everything he wants. Contract also needs to basically be incentives and the minimum.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

I was willing to give a third rounder for him after the Skins paid that huge roster bonus earlier this year. I'd certainly be willing to give him a two year contract right now. Something like 2 million for the remainder of this year and 4 million next year with performance incentives that would top out at a cool 12 million.

He absolutely NEEDS to be next to Julius Peppers. I think he'd even be relatively happy as a Bear. We run a 4-3, we have a good supporting cast for him, and we're a major market where he could make HUGE endorsement cash if he plays well. I think he'd make our D line just plain unfair.

Comment

After reading more stuff about Haynesworth....yuck. No thanks.

I'm off the bandwagon.

Comment

I'd welcome him back on the Titans, but that's solely based on his past success here. If I were a fan of any other team that doesn't run a similar scheme, then I'd probably want to stay away.

I didn't think he was that bad last year. He didn't have the Sacks, but in his best year in Tennessee, which was in '07 in my opinion, he only had 6. That's two fewer. But I'm pretty sure everyone and their grandmother saw this thing exploding for good after the switch to the 3-4 and landing in Shanny's doghouse.
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Ok, any of you fans of other teams hoping he'd shore up your D-Line: no such luck.

Haynesworth's been suspended for the last four games of the season:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red...esworth-f.html

Comment

The Eagles had fewer noted disciplinary issues with TO, and they successfully suspended him for the end of the 2005 season and took back a significant chunk of his bonus. Haynesworth is likely in a world of financial hurt.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

how do i edit the title of this thread?

Comment

Part of me feels bad for Haynesworth, but he did it to himself
                      Cowboys Mock:
                      1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                      2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                      3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

Seems steep for a team sanction but definitely just and a much better option than giving him what he wants by cutting him. If we are going to have to end up cutting him anyways might as well make the rest of his time here miserable since he has given zero effort and has taken millions of dollars. For a player to refuse to play in certain packages is unheard of. It's one thing to go out there and half ass it, but to tell the coaches that you will not play in certain packages is one of the most ludicrous things I've ever heard and everyone knows how much I hate Shanny, Haslett, and crew. I am happy with the decision. Maybe it will make this bum think and try harder on his next team although he's set for life financially so who knows if he ever gets motivated again. I mean c'mon skipping practices cause your stomach hurts probably beacuse he ate at some raunchy buffet the night before, that's weak. Even worse is being late to a practice that you say you can't participate in. I guess it was too cold for him to show up on time and stand on the sidelines. I do belive him that he wasn't hungover last friday at practice, he's just a lazy POS.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

I don't feel bad for either party. The Redskins structured the contract this way knowing that Haynesworth had only given max effort in his prior contract years. They took that risk. They also switched to a 3-4 and ignored what he was saying, knowing full well that they would likely get less than max effort and production. They tried to use his $35mm bonus as leverage, and he either lied or changed his mind.

Haynesworth was told up front by Shanahan that if he took the bonus, he was supposed to meet certain expectations. He signed it anyway, then decided to try to play a game of chicken with the team. It didn't work. He will likely have to sacrifice a substantial portion of that $35mm.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Good he is a piece of ****. I highly doubt he would try hard for any other team either at this point in his career. Don't be fooled, you don't want this pos.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                            12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                              I don't feel bad for either party. The Redskins structured the contract this way knowing that Haynesworth had only given max effort in his prior contract years. They took that risk. They also switched to a 3-4 and ignored what he was saying, knowing full well that they would likely get less than max effort and production. They tried to use his $35mm bonus as leverage, and he either lied or changed his mind.

Haynesworth was told up front by Shanahan that if he took the bonus, he was supposed to meet certain expectations. He signed it anyway, then decided to try to play a game of chicken with the team. It didn't work. He will likely have to sacrifice a substantial portion of that $35mm.
                              PFT says his signing bonus is safe. The whole situation was poorly managed from the start. I know it's hindsight now, but they should have just dumped him before the draft last year when they knew he didn't want to play in the 3-4. Albert's not innocent in this whole thing but both sides were just being stubborn idiots and this is the end result of two egos colliding.

Comment

Agreed with Fuzzy. Both sides behaved unprofessionally and inappropriately. I can tell you that Shanahan didn't bring the 3-4 in just to piss Haynesworth off. Haynesworth was up front about his desires, and the Skins chose to ignore them.

End of the day, the Skins have looked stupid, and Haynesworth has probably cost himself another big contract. As an Eagles fan and DC resident, it has been a fantastic failure, and I love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information