Top NFL Offensive Lines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
    Titans o-line should be nowhere near the top 5, let alone number 1.
    Apparently you're in the top 3 with the "Panters" ...whoever the hell they are.

Comment

The Chiefs line is one of the better ones in the league, and we've only invested 1 mid first round pick there. It's just more proof how investing a ton of high draft picks in an oline (like the 49ers) is a poor way to build a team.

The team looks to be set at LT and G for the near future, but they'll need a new center to replace the ancient Weigmann and RT might be a concern depending on how Richardson continues to develop.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        I have actual reason to believe it to be true. And all 9 people in the world who've sat through a Bears game that aren't Bears fans will probably back me up...

It was actually bad enough to make Mike Martz change his offense in sensible ways....think about that for a second. The 49ers and Lions in his last 2 stops weren't even bad enough to make him change.
        The Bears offensive line is one of the worst I have ever seen. The only ones that come close were the early lines of the Houston Texans. Any team that let's their QB get sacked 9 times in one half is easily at the bottom.

Originally posted by SolidGold
        Bortlezzzzzzz
        Originally posted by Monomach
        Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

My list, off the top of my head and in no particular order

Jets
          Patriots
          Browns
          Falcons
          Chiefs
          Jags
          Giants

Comment

Can you get by with 2 studs and the rest are journey men types?

What position is the most important, in your opinion...LT or C?

What position is the easiest to fill?

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
              I'd say the Browns have to be considered near the top
              They might be #1 honestly. The lines I expected to be great have been mediocre to just good: Panthers, Jets, Ravens, Titans aren't as good as they've been recently. The Browns have a real nice left side and they've been paving the way for a great season by Hillis. The Chiefs have also been pretty damn good all around. Cassell got sacked about a million times last year a but he's had a pretty clean jersey all year. Falcons are also really good in pass pro and they get a decent push in the run game, but they haven't been opening huge holes, just big enough for Turner to get into, break some tackles, and fall forward for consistent yardage.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by jrdrylie View Post
                The Bears offensive line is one of the worst I have ever seen. The only ones that come close were the early lines of the Houston Texans. Any team that let's their QB get sacked 9 times in one half is easily at the bottom.
                When small school rookie 7th round pick J'Marcus Webb is your BEST option to play RT, something is wrong.

But, we've adjusted. We force the run to get our line more comfortable and run more short drops and quick passes.

Comment

I would definitely put Cleveland and the Jets up at the top 5.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                    What happened to you guys? I watched last year and they were unstoppable, easily one of the best in the league, but this year they have been awful.
                    David Stewart and Michael Roos are still top tackles, but are having down years for their standards. Our interior o-line doesn't even look like it has a NFL quality starter in it. LeRoy Harris can't handle LBers, Eugene Amano can't hold a block to save his life and Jake Scott looks like he is the twilight years of his career.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                    I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
                      The Chiefs line is one of the better ones in the league, and we've only invested 1 mid first round pick there. It's just more proof how investing a ton of high draft picks in an oline (like the 49ers) is a poor way to build a team.
                      I don't necessarily agree with that. The Jets make it work. You just have to be able to evaluate players no mater what position they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiased View Post
                        I don't necessarily agree with that. The Jets make it work. You just have to be able to evaluate players no mater what position they are.
                        They need more time as well. Iupati has shown flashes of being an animal, he just needs some seasoning. As for Davis...well he doesn't have to play Chris Long every week....that's a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Unbiased View Post
                          The Jets drafted the best LT prospect in the draft and then took a great center prospect late in the first round. The rest of their line are journeymen and later round picks. That's quite different from what the 49ers have done.

Comment

The Steelers might give the Bears and Texans a run for their money. Pouncey probably puts them at 30 though.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

The Chiefs system hides their flaws, I'm not saying they are not a good line they are but I would not put them top 5 by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
                                The Jets drafted the best LT prospect in the draft and then took a great center prospect late in the first round. The rest of their line are journeymen and later round picks. That's quite different from what the 49ers have done.
                                Woody was a first rounder. Even though he wasn't drafted by the Jets, he's been good wherever he's been as far as I know. 3 of their starters on the line were drafted in the first: 4th, about 30th, and about 19th (not gonna look it up). San Fran drafted Staley 29th, Iuapati 17th, and Davis 11th.

I get that when your favorite team does something well, it's easy to think, "This is how you do it" but there are plenty of ways to build a team and to build an offensive line.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information