Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lousy Tackling in the NFL....what can be done?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can be done? Um, practice tackling.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
      You might want to answer your first question regarding your second question.

Where the **** did that come from?
      Then you answer the question, genius. Why would a Big 10 dominated defense be "slow"/

Comment

Chris Hope lost the Titans the game yesterday for trying to blow up Pierre Garcon.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          Chris Hope lost the Titans the game yesterday for trying to blow up Pierre Garcon.
          It's easier to blow up WRs that don't outweigh you.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
            What can be done? Um, practice tackling.
            ahhaha, I said this earlier in the year. Someone resonsded with they are Pro players they should know how to tackle by now. not practice on something they have been doing since pee-wee.

Ya know cause they still practice doing other drills and holding the ball why not tackling. The NFLPA is also pussfying for the $$. They want less contact practices for 18 games, less full pads practices in TC.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
              ahhaha, I said this earlier in the year. Someone resonsded with they are Pro players they should know how to tackle by now. not practice on something they have been doing since pee-wee.

Ya know cause they still practice doing other drills and holding the ball why not tackling. The NFLPA is also pussfying for the $$. They want less contact practices for 18 games, less full pads practices in TC.
              So how about this: what if the decreased contact is actually causing more injuries?

I saw a discovery channel special once about people doing super-human feats. There was this brother duo that had ridiculously strong bones. They could break stuff that most people couldn't, and could withstand getting hit in the arm or leg with something when most people would break a bone. The scientific explanation was that because of the stunts they'd been doing since they were kids, micro-injuries and subsequent healing caused most of their bones, tendons, ligaments, etc to grow heal stronger than originally.

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is a common phrase but it has a lot of truth, and I wonder if it doesn't apply here. Maybe if guys were hitting in practice they wouldn't break a forearm or tear a tendon in a game.

I'm no doctor so take it for what its worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                NFL players can't tackle to save their lives. Watch some rugby league and maybe you guys might learn a few things.
                Cheers mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                  NFL players can't tackle to save their lives. Watch some rugby league and maybe you guys might learn a few things.
                  One of the worst posts ever.

Comment

Originally posted by MizzouBig12 View Post
                    Then you answer the question, genius. Why would a Big 10 dominated defense be "slow"/
                    Why would I defend a claim I didn't make and don't have an opinion on? Going back to what I actually asked, what's racist about the comment "your defense sounds slow"?

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information