Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it time for the Colts to change the way they do things?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently Polian admitted recently in a radio interview that he regrets not taking Rodger Saffold at the end of the 1st rd this year.

Comment

Originally posted by boknows34 View Post
      Apparently Polian admitted recently in a radio interview that he regrets not taking Rodger Saffold at the end of the 1st rd this year.
      He did. I think if there drafting in the 20's they need to take a hard look at the other Pouncey brother. I would then also pick up a OT in the second round.

Comment

They should not re-sign Manning to the biggest contract in history and begin a youth movement.

Comment

Donald Brown is just a laughable pick. He's like a late round UDFA type prospect, and Joseph Addai is massively overrated, but at least he's mediocre.

They really need to build up the line though, snag an above average back, and he'll be back to 10 pick range
          Originally posted by SNIPER26
          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
            Donald Brown is just a laughable pick. He's like a late round UDFA type prospect, and Joseph Addai is massively overrated, but at least he's mediocre.

They really need to build up the line though, snag an above average back, and he'll be back to 10 pick range
            I just can't believe they took a pass rusher in the first with Freeney and Mathis locked up, after Polian threw the O-line under the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
              They should not re-sign Manning to the biggest contract in history and begin a youth movement.
              This was a joke... right?

Comment

My only memory of Donald Brown is Manning swearing at him in the playoff game against Baltimore.
                The Colts need to build in the trenches better. They have done a better job than anyone else with undrafted players, but if they were more balanced in drafting positions, they would not have those lines they way they did.

Comment

Addai is a solid RB. Before the injury, he was averaging 4.4 ypc running behind this same joke of a line.

Durability is an issue with him.

Comment

What? Addai is probably the best blocker on the team. He always seems to come up with a clutch play.
                    Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

How is Addai overrated? Who rates him highly?

Comment

Perhaps the Colts brass should do what Denver did late in Elway's career and change the offensive philosophy to more run oriented. Peyton can still make all the throws needed in the offense, but to see him hand the ball off more often and the running game work way more efficiently would be commendable. Yeah, Brown is a joke at RB. Edge's cousin and Mike Hart run with more determination than Brown does. We need to heavily invest in the O-Line for sure this offseason. Makes me sick that it was ignored in this past draft with so many good prospects at most positions available when we picked.

Can't argue with what Polian has done in the past since '98, but he needs to go as the last two/three drafts have been busts with our early picks.

Comment

It's funny that Brown is soft too, because he isn't even that talented to be not bringing it every play.

It would be a lot easier to build like Denver did around Elway if Indy can find a 2000 yard rusher... Maybe if the Colts running and defense carry them to two straight titles, people will magically forget the losses like they did with Elway.
                          Originally posted by SNIPER26
                          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                            I had a big long thing typed out but I realized most people aren't that interested in the Colts so I will be brief. The Colts missed an opportunity to reinvent themselves and change their culture when Dungy left. The team needs less complexity and reliance on Manning on offense, and more toughness and a change in scheme on defense. The front office (Polian) chose continuity and I think it's backfired. You can't replace Dungy with Caldwell. You can't replace Marvin Harrison with Anthony Gonzalez or Pierre Garcon. You can't build an OL from undrafted free agents and late round picks.

Polian said something in an interview that is telling of his mindset. He said to be successful they needed to look at what has made them successful in the past and do those things more. The problem is that some of the pieces that made the past success possible are gone and are not coming back.

What I hope to see is a tougher and more complete team around Manning as he finishes his career. Invest in the OL. Change the defensive scheme that is obviously not working. Work with the talent that is there rather than trying to force square pegs into round holes. This doesn't mean completely rebuild the team. Just tweak it instead of relying on Manning to do everything and hoping for the best.
                            The Colts should really invest in getting some more pieces that will make Peyton job easier not only for his sake, but for the guy that will be replacing him in a few years.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                            Originally posted by Borat
                            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

It's funny that Brown is soft too, because he isn't even that talented to be not bringing it every play.

It would be a lot easier to build like Denver did around Elway if Indy can find a 2000 yard rusher... Maybe if the Colts running and defense carry them to two straight titles, people will magically forget the losses like they did with Elway.
                              Not to give him any excuse because he's a terrible Rb but I read that he's got a hamstring injury. The only reason that he's still playing is that he's the able rb that understands the blocking scheme at the moment. They really should draft in the trenches so the next qb can come in and make it easier to transition but let's hope that's a good 7-8 years away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                                The Colts should really invest in getting some more pieces that will make Peyton job easier not only for his sake, but for the guy that will be replacing him in a few years.
                                I agree. No one they can draft is going to run the offense like Manning so it is time to build the team up so the transition isn't so jarring.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information