Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Detroit - a message from Megatron

http://andy-benoit.blogs.cbssports.c...=rss_blogs_NFL

Win or this man will find someone who does.

Just how soon could Megatron get out of dodge?
    Just play me, baby

Sweet, now insert every poster saying they want him on their team.

Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
      Sweet, now insert every poster saying they want him on their team.
      Let me be the first.

Receiver's a big need for Oaktown and CJ isn't the headcase that Moss is.
      Just play me, baby

Comment

With the moves Detroit has been making post Millan, I think it would be very stupid to bolt next..or even possibly the following season. The one factor I would say he should take into account is the health of Stafford... If he can stay healthy next season, he should stay.. If you lose him to injury again early in the season.. Well then I believe it will be time to go.

Comment

Any team in the NFL could use a Calvin Johnson haha. I hope Stafford gets healthy, I want to see the Lions get competitive again.

Originally posted by WMD
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Oooooh let me be the third. A go to WR is what keeps the Rams from being a serious contender in this league. BOOOM! Third to throw it in there.

Comment

It was only a matter of time before this would come up. Detroit is so close to breaking that barrier. 7 out of the 10 games we lost were by a touchdown or less. If we can get Peterson in the draft and most of the team stays healthy(we were destroyed by injuries this year btw) then I think we can make a run for the playoffs next year.
              "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

Stafford-Calvin is such a good hookup. They were very competative earlier in the year and if stafford is healthy they will win games.

Comment

I'm getting sick of Detroit. How god damn hard is it to win a few games here or there. Damn it must suck to be a Lions fan.

Comment

Two more years on his rookie contract. If he still doesn't want to re-sign they will franchise him and trade him to the highest bidder. If he demands a trade this off season the Lions will ask for more because he is still on the rookie deal.

I would try to re-sign him at all costs but if he doesn't want to stay then there isn't much they can do. But lets not act like the Lions won't get compensated if he leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                      Two more years on his rookie contract. If he still doesn't want to re-sign they will franchise him and trade him to the highest bidder. If he demands a trade this off season the Lions will ask for more because he is still on the rookie deal.

I would try to re-sign him at all costs but if he doesn't want to stay then there isn't much they can do. But lets not act like the Lions won't get compensated if he leaves.
                      I believe that Detroit could get a lot from a Calvin Johnson trade, because their will be tons of bidders for Calvin and teams know what he is capable of.
                      "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

Originally posted by Silver & Blue View Post
                        I believe that Detroit could get a lot from a Calvin Johnson trade, because their will be tons of bidders for Calvin and teams know what he is capable of.
                        At least two 1st round picks in the deal. I don't think he's had a full season with a competent quarterback. He could be putting up better stats. I thought his 1,331 yards 12 TD season when they went 0-16 was insane. He had Culpepper off the street, Orlovsky, Stanton, and Kitna that year.

Comment

Hes also had health issues tho, I'm not sure how much that will affect his trade value.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

The major problems Detroit have is there is a culture of losing in that franchise. Despite bringing in Stafford, Calvin, Suh, Pettigrew, Delmas, KVB, Avril, Best etc in the last few years they are still only a 2 or 3 win team. Losing is a habit, as is winning. Until they can break that habit they will continue to struggle. However if they do start winning, even if they go on a run to end this year, they could quickly become a playoff contender.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

CJ needs to chill, next season could be a breakout for Detroit.
                              If Stafford and Shawn Hill can stay healthy and Lions draft an impact rookie on defense, they have a chance to go 8-8 or better.

I think Detroit is really close to splitting its division schedule which is halfway to becoming a playoff team.
                              Learn to finish games in the 4th quarter, and the wins will come.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information