Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metrodome Roof Collapsed!

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/12...etrodome-roof/

It looks like they deflated it themsevles for safety. Only problem is that it takes a while to put back up. A few days I read. Plus some of the panels were already torn.

Comment

Damn... Looks like someone up there really wants Favre's streak to continue...
      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
        It looks like they deflated it themsevles for safety. Only problem is that it takes a while to put back up. A few days I read. Plus some of the panels were already torn.
        well that's a little better. I was getting worried. First the 35W bridge, now the Metrodump. can't those idiots in MN build anything that doesn't fall apart?! :)

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
          well that's a little better. I was getting worried. First the 35W bridge, now the Metrodump. can't those idiots in MN build anything that doesn't fall apart?! :)
          On ESPN they showed a few instances in the 80's when they had to do this in the past. But like I said, it seems to an obvious process to get it back up, and that timeline would likely go well past 8pm tomorrow night. Especially for it to be ruled safe for fans.

Comment

more reasons why they should just move to LA

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

If it can't be played in Minnesota, they should move the game to Green Bay or something. With the Packers/Giants competing for a playoff spot, would give Packer fans a reason to root for the Vikings/Favre.

Comment

why not just play it at TCF Bank Stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by falloutboy14 View Post
                  If it can't be played in Minnesota, they should move the game to Green Bay or something. With the Packers/Giants competing for a playoff spot, would give Packer fans a reason to root for the Vikings/Favre.
                  i'd love that. what's more, i'd buy tickets and go. but, it can't happen due to travel. it's a 4 hour drive in good weather. and we're still getting dumped on in GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    why not just play it at TCF Bank Stadium?
                    Because Vikings fans all have vaginas.

Speaking of which, where the **** is my taxi? I hate this weather....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

they'll just play it in NYC like they did to the Saints after Katrina.

Because that makes the most sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        they'll just play it in NYC like they did to the Saints after Katrina.

Because that makes the most sense.
                        That'd be brutal. The Giants just spent the better part of the weekend going from NYC to KC to Minneapolis. Putting both teams on plane back to NYC hardly makes sense....allthough, the thought of the Vikings being forced to give up a home game because they can't maintain suitable stadium seems appropriate.

TCF Bank Stadium makes the most sense. Viking fans will just have to grow a pair and enjoy a real football game.

Otherwise, bring 'em to Lambeau. As a Brewer fan, there have been times where games or full series have been moved to Miller Park due to weather. I think it was the Indians and Angels. tickets were sold for cheap. And, they had a decent turnout. I just wouldn't want the Vikings in our home locker room. :)

Comment

What I'm really hoping for is some Tuesday Night Football!

Comment

what im still wondering: if they move it to NY, what will the people with tickets to the game do?

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
                              That'd be brutal. The Giants just spent the better part of the weekend going from NYC to KC to Minneapolis. Putting both teams on plane back to NYC hardly makes sense....allthough, the thought of the Vikings being forced to give up a home game because they can't maintain suitable stadium seems appropriate.
                              I was being sarcastic. That situation where they had the Saints play in NYC while the NFL tried to do some sort of telethon was baffling.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information