No announcement yet.

Steve Smith trade request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't want him in NE. We need tall and young WRs.

Maybe the Browns, the Skins or the Chargers?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      With the injuries we've had at WR.....I wonder....
      "Steve Smith takes the ball on an end around...it's a trick play! Steve Smith looks to throw down to field to Steve Smith. Steve Smith catches it in the end zone! Touchdown Steve Smith!"
      (shameless self-promotion)
      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
        "Steve Smith takes the ball on an end around...it's a trick play! Steve Smith looks to throw down to field to Steve Smith. Steve Smith catches it in the end zone! Touchdown Steve Smith!"

Comment

Question: if he did go to the Giants, how would they spell his name on the back of his uniform?

Usually when players have the same last name, they use the first letter of their first name to differentiate them, but in this case, both players have the same first name also.

Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
            Question: if he did go to the Giants, how would they spell his name on the back of his uniform?

Usually when players have the same last name, they use the first letter of their first name to differentiate them, but in this case, both players have the same first name also.

Anyone know?
            Probably the same way the Cowboys differentiated between the two Roy Williams busts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
              Probably the same way the Cowboys differentiated between the two Roy Williams busts.
              Which is how?

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
                Which is how?
                Middle initial.

Comment

Please end up in Chicago!! Perfect fit for Martz' offense.

Comment

Smith is the type of guy that could prolong his career if he was willing to play in the slot, from what I've seen(admittedly little this year) he still is quick, still can catch and is still tough as nails. Doesn't quite have the top end speed and hasn't been as aggressive, but he could really do damage in a slot with his skillset and YAC ability.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                      Smith is the type of guy that could prolong his career if he was willing to play in the slot, from what I've seen(admittedly little this year) he still is quick, still can catch and is still tough as nails. Doesn't quite have the top end speed and hasn't been as aggressive, but he could really do damage in a slot with his skillset and YAC ability.
                      THIS THIS THIS!!!

Comment

At this point he's a cancer on the Panthers. I'd take a third rounder for him.

Comment

Carolina needs to get rid of this guy if they're going to rebuild their team. I'd go for strong role models and locker room presence type veterans with a few years left that are hungry for a ring, and then a bunch of younger guys who have been team captains, etc. in college. Getting the chemistry in the locker room right is a huge part of having a good football team.

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                            Smith stated in the offseason that he wants to play in the slot.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              Money is on the Patriots. They have plenty of picks to shed.
                              If he could even be 90% of what he was in Carolina, we could be planning another deep playoff run in 2011. (if there is football...)

edit: I would have a hard time giving up more than a late rounder for him. I know it sounds insane, but he's a 31 year old WR with a bad attitude and an injury history. I don't know his contract situation either.
                              Last edited by descendency; 12-14-2010, 10:40 PM.
                              **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                                Carolina needs to get rid of this guy if they're going to rebuild their team. I'd go for strong role models and locker room presence type veterans with a few years left that are hungry for a ring, and then a bunch of younger guys who have been team captains, etc. in college. Getting the chemistry in the locker room right is a huge part of having a good football team.
                                You really don't understand the Panthers' perception of Smith. All that you illustrated with your post is that it only takes a few fights to ruin a reputation he had been rebuilding. The misconception of Smith is annoying because he is a leader and a fantastic teammate to have on your side. But he doesn't get credit for it, like when he was baited by a reporter about Delhomme's horrific performances against the Cardinals to throw him under the bus and he called Jake his QB. Or his recent offseason incident when he broke his arm playing touch football at a youth football camp.

I would be happy for him to be traded to a contender because I would hate to see this amazing player rot on the panthers roster while it tries to become relevant again. Steve Smith still has the ability to change games on a play he has played some of his best ball in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information