Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Smith trade request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Steve Smith trade request

    Rumor in Carolina is that Smith had a meeting with slave owner Jerry Richardson to put in for a trade.

    What would you pay?

  • #2
    What is his contract like right now?

    Probably a 4th
    Originally posted by njx9
    i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

    Comment


    • #3
      Hard to know. 3rd rounder, maybe 3rd and 4th or 5th depending on the team.

      He has proven himself but not lately and is 31 years old.

      Comment


      • #4
        I said a few years ago that Smith would have a shorter career arc because of his size and how he plays and I still believe that. He still has the ability and (most importantly) the fire. The main reason his production is down this year is Clausen, but I do think he's lost a step and his hands aren't great anymore. I would take a 3rd and be happy with it

        Comment


        • #5
          Might as well start ordering your Steve Smith Redskins jerseys now.

          sig by BoneKrusher

          PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

          Comment


          • #6
            With the injuries we've had at WR.....I wonder....

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
              I said a few years ago that Smith would have a shorter career arc because of his size and how he plays and I still believe that. He still has the ability and (most importantly) the fire. The main reason his production is down this year is Clausen, but I do think he's lost a step and his hands aren't great anymore. I would take a 3rd and be happy with it
              Yup, he's like Allen Iverson in that his size does not match up well with his playing style whatsoever. His regression is likely to be very, very rapid. I honestly wouldn't give up any more than a fifth rounder and definitely wouldn't sign him to a lengthy and/or expensive extension.

              Comment


              • #8
                Wow, he fell off that hard this year?

                I haven't seen any Carolina games this year other than the time we slapped them around.

                Comment


                • #9

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've been such a huge fan of Smith throughout his career and I think he's one of the most explosive and dynamic players of the past decade, but it's clear to see when watching him that he doesn't quite have the burst and the overall strength he once had. I remember watching 5'9 Steve Smith break 3 tackles on his way to the end zone regularly. Hell, the guy made Jake Delhomme look like a Pro Bowler for a few years. 31 isnt THAT old, but for a guy his size who plays the game like he does, you can tell he isn't what he once was. Still, Id imagine some team would give up a conditional 4th for him or something.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      Wow, he fell off that hard this year?

                      I haven't seen any Carolina games this year other than the time we slapped them around.
                      Nobody can fairly say he fell off because of what he's had to go through at QB. Maybe he does decline rapidly, but I think he's worth a risk to a WR needy team. I also know he's not the player he used to be but he could have produced alot more with a solid QB.



                      I would be up for a 4th if I needed a WR badly. I think Colt McCoy could use someone like him but Smith probably wants a winner at this point so I guess the Rams make some sense.





                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        He's not finished. I think if you put him on a team with a real quarterback he can be dynamic again next season and still be productive for 2, maybe 3 more years. But as a true #1 option like he was at his best I think the clock is ticking and if he stays in Carolina, it may have already struck 12

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          id like him on the bears then again we prolly have enough people of that style

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            Nobody can fairly say he fell off because of what he's had to go through at QB. Maybe he does decline rapidly, but I think he's worth a risk to a WR needy team. I also know he's not the player he used to be but he could have produced alot more with a solid QB.



                            I would be up for a 4th if I needed a WR badly. I think Colt McCoy could use someone like him but Smith probably wants a winner at this point so I guess the Rams make some sense.
                            At the same time, a WR needy team can't think that Smith will be the cure all by himself. They need to make sure they add some young blood into the talent pool as well.

                            Gene Smith did it with the defensive line in Jacksonville. He signed Aaron Kampman in free agency, but still drafted four or five defensive linemen in the draft. You can't rely on one aging veteran to be your savior, and teams do that far too often.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              A vet WR like this is exactly what Oakland needs. Deep threat for us that is still better than all the WRs we have and will be cheap. Probably be a 4th and 5th or a pick that depends on how he plays at his new team. I'd make the move


                              "Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                              @SirStackAlot707

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information