No announcement yet.

Opinions Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So he likes Leonard, even better than maroney...seriously what harm is this causing and why do you care what he thinks ?

Comment

Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
      So he likes Leonard, even better than maroney...seriously what harm is this causing and why do you care what he thinks ?
      i could care less if he likes Leonard. thats not my problem

kid is being stupid saying Leonard is faster, quicker and stronger than Maroney and says Maroney is not a featured back and Leonard should be drafted to be the starter in New England.

if you dont have anything good to say dont say nothing Severe.

Comment

There are millions of stupid posts from stupid people you can find online at any given time....just don't give yourself a stroke caring about them.
        That's all I'm sayin

Comment

Tell him he's wrong. Leonard is a threat out of the backfield but Maroney is a back that can take the load and be a very successful back in the NFL. He played unbelieveable at Minnesota and that will translate right to the NFL once he becomes the full time starter and that time is now.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
            One of the greatest aspects of sports is the arguments. They're arguing about his favorite team. Me and my brother had fist fights over things like whether or not his 9ers intentionally allowed Candlestick to become muddy for the '94 NFC Championship against my Cowboys. It's what memories are made of.

Comment

Brian Leonard is not NFL starting tailback material. He can be a West Coast FB/H-back, but at RB his potential is limited to that of a Nick Goings.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Maroney will be a great back but I like the choice of Leonard for many reasons.

#1 You need depth in the nfl. Maroney didn't make it through last year in one
                piece and few do. This team likes a healty back on the field and often
                chose to keep Dillon on the bench with minor dings. You gotta practice
                all week to play for Bill.

#2 Maroney will be great but I still think you need to push him. Sophmore
                jinx is not a well known phenomena because someone made it up. I saw
                a different back after he came back from the 2 game injury hiatus. He
                was tentative hitting holes and the 3rd gear was not as evident. Having
                a 2nd option is a good thing. Sammy Morris is depth, k Faulk is 3rd down
                back, Evans is a cult hero / special teams guy.
                #3 The Patriots are a diverse offense that morphs weekly. What Maroney
                does one week, Leonard will do differently the next. Their skill sets
                are complimentary.
                #4 I like leonard's makeup. I think he would have no problem being the 2nd
                guy and would respond to Bill telling him to bust his butt for playing
                time. The push would keep LM working hard. I think he needs to be
                challenged.

Comment

Maroney and vet back up will do the Pats just fine

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

Originally posted by ninerfan View Post
                    Maroney and vet back up will do the Pats just fine
                    which is Sammy Morris who he says cant start incase an emergy and same with Faulk

although both have started in past and Morris did better than Brown last year filling in :\

Comment

I like Maroney alot but I do think some of his success came from the fact that they had Dillon. I think getting a guy like Leonard that can also be a weapon in the passing and running game from FB would be a great move for the Pats. They really don't have any glaring needs after signing talents at LB and WR and signing back Samual. I think adding Leonard would add another dimension to their offense and give Brady yet another weapon to use.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                        I like Maroney alot but I do think some of his success came from the fact that they had Dillon. I think getting a guy like Leonard that can also be a weapon in the passing and running game from FB would be a great move for the Pats. They really don't have any glaring needs after signing talents at LB and WR and signing back Samual. I think adding Leonard would add another dimension to their offense and give Brady yet another weapon to use.
                        the point of this thread isnt wether Patriots could use Leonard or not. Its more along the lines of your opinions on SmashMouth saying "Leonard is faster and quicker than Maroney and would be a FEATURED back Patriots need"

He doesnt think Maroney is faster/quick than Leonard and doesnt believe hes good enough to start so he wants Leonard to start at RB :\

Comment

I agree Leonard would be a good pick for the Patriots and I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if he gets taken at 28 by them, in fact I have my mock saying that they will.

I disagree that the Pats need a feature back and that Leonard is a better back than Maroney.

Im a big fan of Maroney and I think he can be a starter, but he did great in a dual HB system last year and in this day and age you dont want your backfield to be too thin. Leonard would be a real nice addition to the Pats because he can be a backup runner and he is a tough inside runner which is really the only weakness in Maroney's game (although I think hes underrated in that regard) Leonard would also fit in real well with a team like the Pats that like to use their backs in the passing game because he is a great receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
                            I agree Leonard would be a good pick for the Patriots and I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if he gets taken at 28 by them, in fact I have my mock saying that they will.

I disagree that the Pats need a feature back and that Leonard is a better back than Maroney.

Im a big fan of Maroney and I think he can be a starter, but he did great in a dual HB system last year and in this day and age you dont want your backfield to be too thin. Leonard would be a real nice addition to the Pats because he can be a backup runner and he is a tough inside runner which is really the only weakness in Maroney's game (although I think hes underrated in that regard) Leonard would also fit in real well with a team like the Pats that like to use their backs in the passing game because he is a great receiver.
                            Maroney's weakness isnt inside running..most of his yards came there because thats where we ran him most :\

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                              Maroney's weakness isnt inside running..most of his yards came there because thats where we ran him most :\
                              you did see that I said I think hes extremely underrated in that department right? Hes not a back whos thought of as a pounder in between the tackles, but honestly I think he's a very complete back.

Comment

What if Leonard were black?

Sorry, but I think, unknowingly, we all have the tendency to judge based off of that factor. Not intentionally, but it is, what it is. I personally think he would be very good in a committee R.B.B.C situation. That said; Maroney is much better than he is. To suggest otherwise is crazy, in my estimation.
                                Last edited by Shiver; 03-20-2007, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information