Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    What if Leonard were black?

Sorry, but I think, unknowingly, we all have the tendency to judge based off of that factor. Not intentionally, but it is, what it is. I personally think he would be very good in a committee R.B.B.C situation. That said; Maroney is much better than he is. To suggest otherwise is crazy, in my estimation.
    for all the talk about people being racist and not giving Leonard his props I dont know anyone, experts or fans, who still think of Leonard as a FB. In college, he weighed a lot more so at first people thought of him as a FB who would be a great receiving threat and a good runner as well, a versatile weapon. Then he lost weight and showed HB speed so now everyone has him as a HB. I mean who is not giving him his fair shake? No one is still calling him a FB. Its a bunch of nonsense honestly. Nobody acted like Hawk wasnt a phenomenal athlete last year, nobody is acting like Olsen isn't a remarkable athlete at his position. If you wanna talk unconscious racism, how about the premise that every black QB is athletic with a strong arm but cant read a defense? Thats the only place where I really see much racism/bias in evaluation in football.

I like Leonard and I dont think he is quite a feature back but I think he'd be a great back in a RBBC. He has such a great skill set that he can be a versatile weapon for a team. However, Maroney is a great pure runner and I think he has the stuff to be a top 10 back in this league now that he has a feature role.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      What if Leonard were black?

Sorry, but I think, unknowingly, we all have the tendency to judge based off of that factor. Not intentionally, but it is, what it is. I personally think he would be very good in a committee R.B.B.C situation. That said; Maroney is much better than he is. To suggest otherwise is crazy, in my estimation.
      i can care less if hes blue. im not saying he isnt a good enough RB or starter b/c hes white. im saying hes not gonna ever beat out Maroney whos much faster/quicker and more natural at RB. Leonard is fast straightline and strong but he doesnt have enough wiggle. same can be said about a lot of black RBs coming into pros

Comment

Working...
      X

Debug Information