Second year QB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by njx9
    i really thought he should've been a safety. i mean, he's quick enough to play most tight ends, but his hieght would be a major advantage... although, realistically, he'd probably need at least 5-6 years to learn the position first.

Pfffffft. He sucks so much he should be the waterboy. Wait, that's too much, third string waterboy.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
      Pfffffft. He sucks so much he should be the waterboy. Wait, that's too much, third string waterboy.
      3rd string CFL water boy.

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
        3rd string CFL water boy.
        pshh practice squad cfl water boy

Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Leinart

Leinart has help around him unlike any other 2nd year QB. Now if the questionable O line of the Cards holds up, he should have a monster year.

Originally posted by mythbusta
          i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
          who dey?

Comment

Leinart
            Cutler

Sig by Ctmagic24

Comment

i really thought he should've been a safety. i mean, he's quick enough to play most tight ends, but his hieght would be a major advantage... although, realistically, he'd probably need at least 5-6 years to learn the position first.
              I could see Vince Young as a poor man's Pat Watkins if he was given 8 years to develop at FS.

Seriously he would be a good WR on a HB pass Matt Saracen style.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

(also, while we're discussing the english language, it's knack, and people don't really "deploy" sarcasm although that's a lexical argument more than anything).
                How about I deploy my foot in your ass?!

Comment

and yet everyone else who's responded has figured it out. amazing how no one can detect sarcasm. :roll: (better?)
                  Everyone else who responded? I was the first person to respond to it. Nice logic there. And just because people didn't respond to it before me doesn't mean everyone assumed it wasn't sincere. Half probably couldn't care less either way, and the other half probably have you on ignore (either manual or automatic).

no, the sole stupidity lies in thef act that you thought it was ok to immediately jump to a personal attack without having any vague idea what was going on in the thread. but hey, i'm glad you called me out for being a troll. brilliant reply, even had i been serious. (also, while we're discussing the english language, it's knack, and people don't really "deploy" sarcasm although that's a lexical argument more than anything).
                  It wasn't a personal attack, it was justified if it was a sincere post. That would have been a textbook example of a troll post - quick, stupid and aimed at getting a reaction. The fact it was not clearly obvious an attempt at sarcasm places the blame squarely on you. I don't know you personally, how the flying 747 f*ck am I meant to know when you're being sarcastic or not when you're using a completely non-emotional medium like text? You have to accompany sarcasm with something on the net', it's simply common knowledge.

And you've got to be kidding me - pointing out I missed a "k" in knack? That paragraph of yours above itself is absolutely riddled with uncapitalized words, not to mention an "f" in the word "the". Rofl. Oh and "deploying" sarcasm is perfectly fine - sarcasm is a tool of language and you deployed it in your response.

So basically so far we have homer calling and trying to bring it down to English lessons - what's next, are you going to say your dad can beat up mine?

*yawn* immediately jumping on anyone who attacks any of your favorite players with an immediate knee-jerk reaction is fairly homerific, regardless of how weakly you'd like to defend it with "see? i just did what you did, so my comment isn't anywhere near as classless as yours".
                  The thing is, I DON'T jump on anyone who "attacks" any of my favorite players. I don't care if people want to criticize VY and post why they don't like him, but I'll occasionally bite on troll bait with some bait of my own. If you were sincere and had posted a detailed reason as to why you think VY is a WR, I may have still replied, but with an equally detailed response.

Trust me, there are still people who sincerely think VY should have been a WR. How do you expect me to know you're not one of them? Because you think the idea is so outlandish it has to be sarcasm? Because you think somehow I should magically know you were being sarcastic?

Instead of being an aggressive argumentative douche bringing out the homer card and further agitating the situation, you could have simply explained it was sarcasm and I would have apologized. I'd have every right to respond in such a way to a post like that if it was sincere - that doesn't make me a homer, it would be a flat out troll attempt and I'd expect any fan to respond similarly. Take one of your favorites and tell me you wouldn't fire back if someone posted something similar and meant it.

In any case, what I originally said wasn't even a personal attack if you were being sarcastic anyway - the attack was for being a troll, which was well justified if you were sincere, but since you weren't, it's totally moot. The troll tag was completely dependent on you being serious and since you knew you weren't, I don't see how you'd take offense. You knew it was sarcasm, and you knew I thought it was real - I wouldn't have called you a troll otherwise. All you had to do was point out it was sarcasm and my response would have been irrelevant, but no, you couldn't do that without a conflict; a "knee jerk" reaction of your own.

Perhaps I should have made room for the potential of sarcasm despite the fact in this day and age I would have presumed people realized you *have* to be painfully obvious on the net when using it, but there was still absolutely no reason for you to find offense at being called a troll when you weren't being serious, it's pretty clear by this and the amount of arguments you are involved in around here you're looking for it.
                  Last edited by OzTitan; 03-20-2007, 04:40 AM.

Comment

i thought it was obvious sarcasm

im serious about the practice cfl waterboy....................(sarcasm)

Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Leinart is going to find it hard not to succeed throwing to Boldin and Fitzgerald.

Comment

I think VY will have a better year than the rest. It would be interesting to see what the Titans will do with him as their 2nd year starter.

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                          i thought it was obvious sarcasm

im serious about the practice cfl waterboy....................(sarcasm)
                          Why did you think it was obvious sarcasm? There is nothing obvious about it. How would you distinguish between that and a real post of the same opinion?

"he should be a WR"

It doesn't sound like sarcasm to me. No attempt to make it obvious at all. As I said, just because your real opinion is the idea of VY being better as a WR is so wrong it has to be sarcasm doesn't mean it is for everyone, I've encountered plenty of people who actually believe that even to this day.

Not to mention he quoted this post while saying it:

If there's one thing I've learned in my football watching career, it's don't count out Vince Young.
                          I'm sorry but when you reply to that with "he should be a WR", I fail to see any obvious sarcasm. I don't even see why you'd reply to that post with sarcasm, that makes no sense to me. I could see why a troll would reply to that with troll bait though, as it would then be a differing opinion expressed in a manor that attempts to create conflict. Doing that would be trying to attack a positive post on VY and spin it into a flame war, but responding to that with sarcasm seemed redundant to me, and still does actually. It's an odd way to agree with a statement that's for sure.

I could understand if the post he quoted had something at all to do with VY being a WR, but I fail to see how what he posted was at all relevant to the post he quoted in a sarcastic tone - saying "he should be a WR" in a sarcastic tone is something I would have thought would be best aimed at a negative post about VY, not a positive post. It makes absolutely no sense when you read it as sarcasm so naturally I presumed it wasn't.
                          Last edited by OzTitan; 03-20-2007, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                            Why did you think it was obvious sarcasm? There is nothing obvious about it. How would you distinguish between that and a real post of the same opinion?

"he should be a WR"

It doesn't sound like sarcasm to me. No attempt to make it obvious at all. As I said, just because your real opinion is the idea of VY being better as a WR is so wrong it has to be sarcasm doesn't mean it is for everyone, I've encountered plenty of people who actually believe that even to this day.

Not to mention he quoted this post while saying it:

I'm sorry but when you reply to that with "he should be a WR", I fail to see any obvious sarcasm. I don't even see why you'd reply to that post with sarcasm, that makes no sense to me. I could see why a troll would reply to that with troll bait though, as it would then be a differing opinion expressed in a manor that attempts to create conflict. Doing that would be trying to attack a positive post on VY and spin it into a flame war, but responding to that with sarcasm seemed redundant to me, and still does actually. It's an odd way to agree with a statement that's for sure.

I could understand if the post he quoted had something at all to do with VY being a WR, but I fail to see how what he posted was at all relevant to the post he quoted in a sarcastic tone - saying "he should be a WR" in a sarcastic tone is something I would have thought would be best aimed at a negative post about VY, not a positive post. It makes absolutely no sense when you read it as sarcasm so naturally I presumed it wasn't.
                            wow. Do you usually tend to "prove" you intellect through using very complicated phrases and words to say very basic and simple things?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                              wow. Do you usually tend to "prove" you intellect through using very complicated phrases and words to say very basic and simple things?
                              I'm not sure I get what you mean - you're asking if I usually tend to prove my intellect when posting? Or if I usually try to prove my intellect when posting? Because if it's the latter, no - just as someone suffering from dyslexia doesn't usually try and prove they struggle with words, I write and post how it comes naturally to me, and I'm not quite sure what phrases and words you're specifically referring to as "very complicated".

Comment

its definetly between vy and ml

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                                12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information