Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarvaris Jackson out for the season

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5926169

Will Minnesota trade up in the draft now to make sure they get a replacement QB?

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
    The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
    Newton
    South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
    Barely literate +5 swagger
    Thief +15 swagger
    Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
    Big, average speed -3 swagger
    Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
    Total Swagger: 62
    ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

He's a joke. He was supposed to be a mid rounder back in 2006, and the Vikings took him in the 2nd round. The same thing can be said for Ryan Cook.

Comment

best of luck, Joe Webb!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

This is a worthless thread. Tjax doesn't even deserve his own happy meal, let alone his own thread. :/

sig by fenikz
        Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
        You are just a terrible person.
        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
        I have an iPhone.

Comment

Bet the house on Chicago covering the spread.

Comment

Bet the house on Chicago covering the spread.
            I wouldn't do that... we are a running team, the more injuries and less confidence in our QB the more likely we are to actually run the ball. I wouldn't back it to happen but it should mean more running, which gives us a far better chance to win or at least be competitive.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
              I wouldn't do that... we are a running team, the more injuries and less confidence in our QB the more likely we are to actually run the ball. I wouldn't back it to happen but it should mean more running, which gives us a far better chance to win or at least be competitive.
              Wait, so you think having a bad QB and no passing game makes the Vikings better?

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                Wait, so you think having a bad QB and no passing game makes the Vikings better?
                Well, they've been a team with a bad QB and no passing game.
                Now they'll focus on running the ball. So I agree with him. Kinda.
                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Tarvaris Jackson's best attribute is being injury prone. Him not being on the field makes this team infinitely better.

Comment

/insert gratuitous Packer injury reference

Comment

Where did I say that? I said that it might force us to run the ball. Check the stats, we've had more runs than carries in just 4 games this year and have won 3 of those games and the other was our closest loss all year. When we run we are a better team, keeps the defense fresher, the offense is far more effective and actually opens up the passing game.

Our playcalling has been awful, not having the faith to call pass after pass after pass will certainly help force us to run and we play better when we run. It's not like our passing game is complex or anything, jump ball to rice, slant to Harvin, may as well throw it away but drop to Berrian, check down or post to Shiancoe, backs on a screen(which Jackson can't actually throw anyway. That is our passing offense, if you are playing QB in the league you should be able to make those throws. The thing is that when all we do is pass the opponent can just pick those plays off, if we run then those plays work.

It's a simple philosophy.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

If you can't pass the ball you can't win consistently in the NFL. The best thing that could happen for the Vikings is that they lose the rest of their games and get a shot at a QB in the Draft. The Giants were able to hold Peterson to under 2 ypc last week because there was no passing game to keep them honest.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information