Best NFL Back-Up QB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best NFL Back-Up QB

got 2 go with Kerry Collins (Titans) Kyle Boller (Ravens)

David Garrard - JAX
    Matt Shaub - ATL
    Gus Frerrotte - STL
    | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Matt Schaub - ATL
      Damon Huard - KC
      Charlie Batch - PIT

Mostly veteran guys that can be relied on to step in and win a few games if needed. I don't really see them ever being franchise QB's with the exception of Schaub, he has a slight chance to if he ever goes to a place where he can start.

Comment

derek anderson?

Comment

This is a fairly good question...
          1) Schaub
          2) Garrard
          3) Huard
          4) Rodgers
          5) It wouldve been Harrington, but now Batch

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Kurt Warner

Comment

Kerry Collins?

I'd say Damon Huard has been the best of all current backups recently.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

1. Matt Schuab

2. Damon Huard

3. Jim Sorgi- I am a fan of this guy. underrated to the extreme. Doesnt get a chance cause Peyton never gets hurt, but imo he could be a decent starter....

Comment

I don't understand how all of you have Schaub #1. Schuab hasn't had to come in and play half the season like Huard. Huard came in and dominated while Green was out.

Comment

i dont see how schuab or huard are even in the discussion

a good back up qb needs to be half coach / half qb, be able to teach from the sidelines and still be able to manage a game

which is why i would much rather have a proven vet on the downside of his career as a back up than some young guy who may get an oppurtunity at some time

Comment

HUARD duhh
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Jeff Garcia?

Comment

SorgiisaGod :)

but seriously, based on performance last year, it'd have to be Garcia. Based on potential, I'd say Boller or Garrard, that is until after the draft.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                          <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

In all fairness, Collins came into a totally unacceptable situation early last season with very minimal time to get acquainted with the offense and receivers. I think he is a serviceable backup, but no where near the best.

Comment

I gotta go with Garrard, he's not the quality starter Del Rio mistook him to be but he is a guy who can come in and makes plays and win games.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information