No announcement yet.

Draft partners for Carson Palmer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arizona or Minnesota should take a shot. Both those teams really are only missing a stud QB, maybe Palmer rediscovers his roots in the NFC.

Comment

I feel bad for Carson. Another case of what could have been.

Comment

He should have got tommy john surgery a few years back when he opted to rest it instead.

Comment

I'm still very confident he'll be the starting QB for the Bengals next season. Say what you want, the guy got hosed this year. It really goes beyond the box score for Palmer who threw the vast majority of his ints toward T.O. or the rookies. Some bad balls, but an embarrassing amount of miscommunications & missed opportunities at the WR position.

Predictable play-calling, poor pass-blocking line, and receivers who do their own thing & give up on balls is a recipe for disaster. The team fell behind early and shot themselves in the foot all season.

Goodbye Chad & T.O. Goodbye Marvin & Bob Bratkowski. Expect Palmer to stay a starting QB for the Bengals unless a new regime takes over completely bent on replacing everything (something I believe to be quite unlikely.)

I'm not saying the Bengals couldn't do with a better starter at the position, but I just don't really see it in the cards. Cutting Carson would be far too expensive for Mike Brown, the league's cheapest owner.

Edit: The biggest problem with the Bengals is a complete lack of discipline. It starts with the owner, who is awful. Next is the coaching, which pretty much gave up this season. Bratkowski and Marvin should be out of jobs entirely next season. The T.O. experiment was an epic failure; yes, he has plenty of talent left, but consider me one of the believers that Owens can't compliment a winning team. Carson is actually fairly low on the chain of what went wrong for the Bengals this season. Coaching needs to change, there needs to be a new attitude in Cincinnati, and you're going to need a veteran QB for that.

Last year, with Gresham and Shipley they started to add the right kind of guys to their locker room. They hit rock-bottom this year, but with Carson, Gresham, Shipley, Whitworth, Kyle Cook, and Cedric Benson you've still got some blue-collar guys in place that can really help newcomers buy into a new regime/attitude.
          Last edited by ThePudge; 12-17-2010, 02:18 PM.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
          - For daily NFL draft coverage:
          www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Carson better hope the Cards beat Carolina this weekend..

Comment

If not Cincinnati, Arizona. I can see Whisenhunt going for another Warner type instead of drafting a QB.

Comment

At this point he is going no where unless Mike Brown some how actually cares about putting a winning team together instead of selling tickets.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Haha, no way they get a 3rd for Palmer. Man is washed up.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                    I'm still very confident he'll be the starting QB for the Bengals next season. Say what you want, the guy got hosed this year. It really goes beyond the box score for Palmer who threw the vast majority of his ints toward T.O. or the rookies. Some bad balls, but an embarrassing amount of miscommunications & missed opportunities at the WR position.

Predictable play-calling, poor pass-blocking line, and receivers who do their own thing & give up on balls is a recipe for disaster. The team fell behind early and shot themselves in the foot all season.

Goodbye Chad & T.O. Goodbye Marvin & Bob Bratkowski. Expect Palmer to stay a starting QB for the Bengals unless a new regime takes over completely bent on replacing everything (something I believe to be quite unlikely.)

I'm not saying the Bengals couldn't do with a better starter at the position, but I just don't really see it in the cards. Cutting Carson would be far too expensive for Mike Brown, the league's cheapest owner.

Edit: The biggest problem with the Bengals is a complete lack of discipline. It starts with the owner, who is awful. Next is the coaching, which pretty much gave up this season. Bratkowski and Marvin should be out of jobs entirely next season. The T.O. experiment was an epic failure; yes, he has plenty of talent left, but consider me one of the believers that Owens can't compliment a winning team. Carson is actually fairly low on the chain of what went wrong for the Bengals this season. Coaching needs to change, there needs to be a new attitude in Cincinnati, and you're going to need a veteran QB for that.

Last year, with Gresham and Shipley they started to add the right kind of guys to their locker room. They hit rock-bottom this year, but with Carson, Gresham, Shipley, Whitworth, Kyle Cook, and Cedric Benson you've still got some blue-collar guys in place that can really help newcomers buy into a new regime/attitude.
                    Dude, something's wrong with his arm. He has ZERO zip on the ball. If you've watched him play this year, you'd realize that he simply cannot throw at a requisite velocity to be an NFL starter any more.

Comment

Also, everyone who keeps saying "Arizona" - you have to realize that I think the Cardinals have found their QB of the future in John Skelton.

Kid can play. Has a rocket for an arm, and I think Whisenhunt will develop him into a top 10 passer.

Comment

Eh, I think Palmer is getting beat up here a lot more than he deserves. He's not a top 10 talent anymore, not even a top 15 talent. But eventually the Bengals are going to drop him and when they do, another team will sign him.

When that happens, people will realize just how terrible the Bengals offensive gameplan, scheme and effort really is. I'm not saying he's going to light the world up, but I think he could do better than this with ease on a different team.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
                          Also, everyone who keeps saying "Arizona" - you have to realize that I think the Cardinals have found their QB of the future in John Skelton.

Kid can play. Has a rocket for an arm, and I think Whisenhunt will develop him into a top 10 passer.
                          Skelton's playing because there are literally no other options. Whisenhunt basically said so himself. He's not even close to ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
                            Dude, something's wrong with his arm. He has ZERO zip on the ball. If you've watched him play this year, you'd realize that he simply cannot throw at a requisite velocity to be an NFL starter any more.
                            Strangely, I've seen every game he's played this season. Guy can still get zip on the ball, not sure where you're coming from with that one. It's not what it used to be, but that's expected after you hit 30. His zip isn't the problem, the fact that his receivers run the wrong routes leads to far more Int's. He's forcing a lot of throws because his receivers aren't where they are supposed to be (and he tends to neglect a LB or Safety here and there.)

Also, I never said he was a good starter. I said he'd be back next season. I know the Bengals organization pretty damn well, they rarely do anything that surprises me. It would shock me to see them actually shop Palmer with so much uncertainty with their coaching. Mike Brown doesn't have the football mind to do too many things at once. A dramatic overhaul for us would be letting a few free agents walk and signing one or two players.

I really feel bad for Carson, he wasn't the problem this year. Considering he was on offense, he was part of the problem. Our gameplans were the worst in the league this year by far, just non-existent. One good thing T.O. did was call out the coaching staff.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                            - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                            www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                              the fact that his receivers run the wrong routes leads to far more Int's. He's forcing a lot of throws because his receivers aren't where they are supposed to be
                              You're just gonna fight this to the death, aren't you? How do you know where his WRs are supposed to be if you aren't in the huddle hearing the play that's being called, or what's being audibled?

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                                You're just gonna fight this to the death, aren't you? How do you know where his WRs are supposed to be if you aren't in the huddle hearing the play that's being called, or what's being audibled?
                                Our radio announcers and ex-players all say that the WR routes are messed up. They would know better that us so that is where we get out info from.
                                Who Dey & Go Bucks
                                The Bengals are going to the Super Bowl.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information