Draft partners for Carson Palmer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
    Personally, I'd let Benson and TO go, and I wouldn't pick up the option on Ocho's contract. Then, I'd try to trade Carson (unlikely) and if (when) no takers came forth, I'd cut him. Draft the best available QB with the first rounder, and rebuild.
    Man, that offense would look TERRIBLE.

QB: Mallett
    RB: Bernard Scott
    TE: Jermaine Gresham
    WR: Jordan Shipley
    WR: Andrew Caldwell
    WR: Jerome Simpson

I'm sure they would look at FA, but Cinci isn't exactly a rocking place or team that would pay a ton. Maybe they could get one of the Dolphin RBs and pick up another rookie WR, but still, ouch.

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post

I'm sure they would look at FA, but Cinci isn't exactly a rocking place or team that would pay a ton. Maybe they could get one of the Dolphin RBs and pick up another rookie WR, but still, ouch.
      Most teams who'll be picking in the top 3-5 aren't very pretty talent wise....The Rams Sam Bradford stepped into had Stephen Jackson and.....?? I think he'd love a Shipley or a Gresham.

Plus, look at the players the Bengals could retain. TO, Benson, Ocho.......blegh. I'd rather start over with less talent than deal with them any longer.

(cue some Bengals fan defending them....)
      Last edited by BeerBaron; 12-18-2010, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post

Ya. I don't think they let Carson go just yet. Maybe after 2011. And they need Benson.

I don't hate their WR situation without TO or Ocho. I'd keep Ocho around, but that might not be so easy with a bit of a rebuilding year...he could force his way out - and I wouldn't blame him.

Shipley's been good, Gresham is going to be really good, Caldwell showed he can be good... They just need an outside deep threat since Simpson hasn't proven himself.

I'm not even a big fan of firing Lewis, but something has to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
          Ya. I don't think they let Carson go just yet. Maybe after 2011. And they need Benson.

I don't hate their WR situation without TO or Ocho. I'd keep Ocho around, but that might not be so easy with a bit of a rebuilding year...he could force his way out - and I wouldn't blame him.

Shipley's been good, Gresham is going to be really good, Caldwell showed he can be good... They just need an outside deep threat since Simpson hasn't proven himself.

I'm not even a big fan of firing Lewis, but something has to be done.
          So...you'd keep this potential 2-3 win team in tact? Keep Carson, Benson, Ocho and maybe even Lewis?

I'd shake it up before this dead horse starts to stink.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
            Also, everyone who keeps saying "Arizona" - you have to realize that I think the Cardinals have found their QB of the future in John Skelton.

Kid can play. Has a rocket for an arm, and I think Whisenhunt will develop him into a top 10 passer.
            while I do think Skelton is the QB going forward a good vet is what we need a conditional 4th should be what the Bengals get in return for Palmer

Comment

Arizona for a conditional 3rd/4th really makes a lot of sense for all parties involved, but I highly doubt the Bengals franchise is ready to go in that direction. Unfortunate for their fans, but that's the reality

Comment

5 Pick 6's, 1 fumble run back for a touchdown, 6 Interceptions for 38 points and 4 other fumbles for 20 points. Palmer through interceptions and fumbles is responsible for 79.

That is how awesome Carson has been this year for the Bengals

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information