No announcement yet.

Which Teams Run a ZBS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost every team has ZBS stretch-type plays. Even my HS team has some ZBS plays....

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
      Atlanta Falcons - One of their coaches is the guru of the ZBS, Alex Gibbs

All teams run some Zone Blocking but they also use man blocking schemes. Teams like Atlanta, Green Bay, Denver and Houston run only Zone Blocking.
      Welcome to a year ago.

Comment

Patriots were slowly making a transition to a ZBS last season

Comment

Most people don't agree with me, but I classify the Colts as a zone blocking team.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
            Most people don't agree with me, but I classify the Colts as a zone blocking team.
            I'd say they're a ZBS team. Their best run play is their ZOne Blocking Strech Play.

Comment

The Vikings toy around with it. And the Colts are definitely ZBS.

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                Oh come on... Oakland would actually have to run a blocking scheme in general before they could get specific. Or maybe they just need to tell the blockers that the zone they are blocking is in front of the RB and QB...
                haha funny but you know somewhere Tom Walsh is reading this saying damn...in front of the QB, now that does make more sense

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
                  Atlanta is scrapping the ZBS, Petrino is changing that whole offense up
                  Unless he drafts a whole new OL, he's in trouble because I doubt his OLmen can handle man blocking.
                  And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                    Unless he drafts a whole new OL, he's in trouble because I doubt his OLmen can handle man blocking.
                    Except four of the five starters have started in the NFL, previously, in a man-blocking scheme. They all lost weight to fit into Gibbs' scheme, in the transition from Reeves' traditional man blocking scheme. Kevin Shaffer, for example, put on twenty pounds and had a very good year in Cleveland's more traditional scheme. Though you are right, the OL will be a draft priority. Competition at LG/LT is needed.
                    Last edited by Shiver; 03-19-2007, 09:50 PM.

Comment

The Texans used to run the ZBS, and when Kubiak came over he said he would install the Denver ZBS....BUT then Mike Sherman came over as an assistant head coach and now this year the OC...and they are running a hybrid of the ZBS and regular scheme...he will mix up his old plays from GB now that he has 2 RB's(Green & Gado) and possibly 1 FB(Vonta Leach) from GB

Comment

Cable will most likely be running the ZBS in Oakland.Which makes me happy.Grove,Sims,and Gallery all played well before in the ZBS.If Kalil or Staley are there at #33 this Oline could be on the upside of OK next year.
                        "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                          I'm glad I'm not the only one. The stretch play, a zone blocking run play, is the staple of the Colts' run offense against most defenses.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                          <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information