Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Patriots Guilty of Lining Sideline on Punts? Evidence Says Yes.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Patriots Guilty of Lining Sideline on Punts? Evidence Says Yes.

Are Patriots Guilty of Lining Sideline on Punts? Evidence Says Yes.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/12/16/a...punt-coverage/

Pics speak for themselves.
    Last edited by elway=goat; 12-17-2010, 04:56 PM. Reason: Link fixed
    bill belichick quote:
    stats are for losers. the final score is for winners.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen

And this couldnt have gone into the other thread?

Comment

That link is not working for me so try this one.
      http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/12/16/a...punt-coverage/

I wonder how many other teams have done this as well.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

"Tripgate" as CC.SD would say is the greatest thing to ever happen to the NFL.

Comment

I don't think it was lining the sideline that was the problem, it was sticking your knee out to trip/injure someone who's running past that got the Jets in trouble.

Comment

OmgzZZzzzZz take their 1st round pick away!!

Really Im not surprised that all the NFL has done this at one point

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
            @SirStackAlot707

Comment

To me, this is so dumb. Is it illegal to stand along the sideline? The sideline is marked to define how far players must stand back...if it's unsafe for them to stand there, then move the line back.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                I don't think it was lining the sideline that was the problem, it was sticking your knee out to trip/injure someone who's running past that got the Jets in trouble.
                Yup. The rest of it is 100% fluff. You're supposed to be behind a defined line, but really, I think literally all of us have seen a player run into others on the sideline many, many times. I'm sure it would take all of fifteen minutes to find footage of other teams doing it. The media can have it's Patriots/Jets pissing war, but I think all of us should be above it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I hate the Patriots and refuse to let theyre cheating go as much as anyone, but this is a stretch. I'm willing to bet most teams do this just by simple chance of ppl were watchig the game.

I know we lined the sidelines when I played football in junior high. Everyone just wanted to have a good look at what was going on on the field.

The only thing the Jets did different was intentionally trip a player. Simply staning there shouldn't be an issue, its out of bounds.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                    seriously? it's not even the offseason.

in other news, peyton manning occasionally sits on the bench when the offense isn't playing.
                    Occasionaly breaks records when he's in. The sky is blue and I like football.

Originally posted by WMD
                    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                    Originally posted by gpngc
                    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Is elway=goat Guilty of Starting a Nonsense Thread? Evidence Says Yes.

Get a life.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

GTFO with this 'sky is blue' propaganda. The sky is clearly gray today.
                        FINE! I'm going to go make a thread about it.

But seriously just put this in the other thread, since Ive already posted the articles in that thread anyway.

Originally posted by WMD
                        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

GTFO with this 'sky is blue' propaganda. The sky is clearly gray today.
                          Obviously it's some sort of giant Patriot scheme to control the weather. 2 straight weeks of snow games? Grey skies in Colorado? BB is clearly striking back at Denver for firing McDaniels.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                            Obviously it's some sort of giant Patriot scheme to control the weather. 2 straight weeks of snow games? Grey skies in Colorado? BB is clearly striking back at Denver for firing McDaniels.
                            Killswitch and I already confirmed BB does in fact have a weather machine and uses it like Dr. Willy in mega man. BB is a ******* boss.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                              Killswitch and I already confirmed BB does in fact have a weather machine and uses it like Dr. Willy in mega man. BB is a ******* boss.
                              "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jvig43 again."

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information