QB for Cincy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 6270410908 View Post
    That just seems illogical to me. You bring in a new coach, you usher in a new era, and you keeo the mistake-prone QB. It should be the coach's choice, and usually when you have a QB going down the toilet like Palmer the coach prefers tying his legacy to his own guy. Who wants year 1 judged by Carson Palmer and his pick 6's?
    Mike Brown has never made logical decisions though. So...

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by steelersfan43 View Post
      Hey dick, I didnt even read your thing it was just a question.
      What are you even doing in this topic besides making yourself look like an idiot? There was a legitimate discussion going on before you came in.

Comment

If Locker doesn't show up big at the senior bowl, then his second round selection will be warranted.
        **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
          If Locker doesn't show up big at the senior bowl, then his second round selection will be warranted.
          I would take Locker in the 2nd he already would be better then the backup Jordan Palmer

RIP themaninblack

Comment

When Mike Brown dies or retires, he is giving the team to his 2 children, both of which I assume are just as, if not more, clueless than him.

This team doesn't get better till it get's sold or a GM is brought in to run the show.

Back on topic, I'd love to get Luck or Newton. Even if they turn out to be busts, it's worth a shot.

Also, once we trade / drop Palmer, he'll go to a new team and be a beast I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by 6270410908 View Post
              I think its laughable that people leave Locker out of the discussion when discussing the #2 QB. If he plays an efficient bowl game and does well at the Senior Bowl his stock could skyrocket right back to solid top 5 because he'll wow everyone in shorts at the combine...specifically the 40 and the bench press.
              Efficient? Locker will be slaughtered in the bowl game. It will be his one-way ticket to the second day of the draft.
              Last edited by RealityCheck; 12-19-2010, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                Efficient? Locker will be slaughtered in the bowl game. It will be his one-way ticket to the second day of the draft.
                yes. exactly. since virtually the entire UW team is healthy now, including locker, they will get slaughtered by a less healthy, less motivated nebraska team. It's going to be awesome watching locker play uphill down 21 points early again, since nebraska is going to do even better against a husky defense that actually isn't starting a true-frosh, 210 pound middle linebacker this time. ironic your name is realitycheck.

and on topic I could definitely see Cincinnati going with Newton to sell tickets.
                CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Yea... why in the world would anyone think Mike Brown would make a logical football decision?

I expect Palmer will be the starter next season. That's not to say he's an upper tier QB, but he's going to prove hard to get rid of and harder to replace in just one season.

If they wind up with the #1 pick, I would expect they take Andrew Luck. If not, I'm pretty certain they'll target other areas over QB. You could easily make the argument his receivers, play-calling, and offensive line have cost him his reputation. He's part of the problem, but he's certainly not the biggest problem on that side of the ball.

I think it really depends on who the new coach and OC are in Cincinnati.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                  - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                  www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

The 49ers will trade you Alex Smith for a 3rd rounder ? ha

Comment

Originally posted by steelersfan43 View Post
                      Hey dick, I didnt even read your thing it was just a question.
                      Hey dick....try asking questions worth reading.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                        yes. exactly. since virtually the entire UW team is healthy now, including locker, they will get slaughtered by a less healthy, less motivated nebraska team. It's going to be awesome watching locker play uphill down 21 points early again, since nebraska is going to do even better against a husky defense that actually isn't starting a true-frosh, 210 pound middle linebacker this time. ironic your name is realitycheck.

and on topic I could definitely see Cincinnati going with Newton to sell tickets.
                        With all due respect, you respond to a dumb comment and then turn around and make another.

Locker can't play worse than he did already against Nebraska, but a 1 year wonder, who has no ties to the area and really isn't that popular, is going to sell tickets? Seriously?

Newton may be picked in the top 5 and may deserve it (I like him a lot but I won't say I've seen enough to warrant a top 5 pick) but the thinking won't be about selling tickets short term. That only makes sense when you are a team like Jacksonville taking a home-town hero like Tebow or Locker (in Seattle)
                        **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                          , but a 1 year wonder, who has no ties to the area and really isn't that popular, is going to sell tickets? Seriously?

Newton may be picked in the top 5 and may deserve it (I like him a lot but I won't say I've seen enough to warrant a top 5 pick) but the thinking won't be about selling tickets short term. That only makes sense when you are a team like Jacksonville taking a home-town hero like Tebow or Locker (in Seattle)
                          Cam Newton won the freaking Heisman trophy. Nice to know he isn't really that popular and he won't sell tickets even though he has the most prestigious award in college football. So a baseball city, who has had games blacked-out or near blacked out numerous times each season, only cares about sending a successful product out on the field, and not about dwindling ticket sales?

seriously. With all due respect, you respond to a dumb comment and then turn around and make another.
                          CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                            Cam Newton won the freaking Heisman trophy. Nice to know he isn't really that popular and he won't sell tickets even though he has the most prestigious award in college football. So a baseball city, who has had games blacked-out or near blacked out numerous times each season, only cares about sending a successful product out on the field, and not about dwindling ticket sales?

seriously. With all due respect, you respond to a dumb comment and then turn around and make another.
                            Dude thats a terrible argument. How many Heisman winners came into the NFL and havent done ****. Winning the Heisman doesn't mean success or popularity in the NFL. I didn't even know Smith was in the NFL until the thread came up earlier informing he'd be starting for the 49ers, and I would say I'm a pretty big football fan. As awesome of a year Newton is having, he's not etting half the press or attention Tebow did/is.

Originally posted by WMD
                            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                            Originally posted by gpngc
                            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                              Dude thats a terrible argument. How many Heisman winners came into the NFL and havent done ****. Winning the Heisman doesn't mean success or popularity in the NFL. I didn't even know Smith was in the NFL until the thread came up earlier informing he'd be starting for the 49ers, and I would say I'm a pretty big football fan. As awesome of a year Newton is having, he's not etting half the press or attention Tebow did/is.
                              I'm not saying "CAM NEWTON WILL RESURRECT THE TEAM WITH HIS PLAY", I am saying that ticket sales will rise more than any other pick they could possibly make with their first rounder. Cam Newton is the most marketable player in this year's draft, that is the only argument I am making. Who in this draft is more marketable?

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                                I'm with you that Cam Newton isn't an instant sell to this team, but Troy Smith is an awful comparison.

Troy got drafted in the 6th or 7th round and was a back up his whole career. He got a shot to start for the Ravens and ended up missing out due to a stomach virus or some similar illness. He's never had the chance that I assume Newton will have.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information