QB for Cincy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB for Cincy?

Just curious because every mock I see has Cincy taking everything but a QB. This team is bound to get a new coach and a roster makeover, specifically a new QB, so if it isn't Palmer, who does everyone think its going to be? Wouldn't their major need at QB and the new coach needing a franchise QB to align himself with boost the stock of every QB other than Luck? I just find it hard to believe they'd pass on QB to take a DE. And if you believe they would...who plays QB for them in 2011.

I think they'd take Luck if they had the #1 pick.
    If they have #2 or #3 though, would they 'reach' for Newton or Mallet?

It's definitely possible. Both of them have some sort of character issues thats hurting their stock, and even though it's cliche to project those types of players to the Bengals, it's worth noting that they may have them rated higher then most.

The thing is though that their roster is in pretty good shape. The defense should be beastly, and their are some nice pieces in place on offense. Would they want to waste that talent while waiting for a project QB like Newton to develop?

Either way, I don't think their starting QB for next year is on the roster.

Comment

I think its laughable that people leave Locker out of the discussion when discussing the #2 QB. If he plays an efficient bowl game and does well at the Senior Bowl his stock could skyrocket right back to solid top 5 because he'll wow everyone in shorts at the combine...specifically the 40 and the bench press.

Comment

Originally posted by 6270410908 View Post
        I think its laughable that people leave Locker out of the discussion when discussing the #2 QB. If he plays an efficient bowl game and does well at the Senior Bowl his stock could skyrocket right back to solid top 5 because he'll wow everyone in shorts at the combine...specifically the 40 and the bench press.
        The only reason Jake Locker was ever discussed as a first rounder in the first place was because most everyone assumed he'd make huge strides in his progression after another year with Sarkisian. That clearly didn't happen. He'd have to have an outstanding bowl game and completely dominate at the Senior Bowl and at workouts. It's not out of the question, but we'll see what happens.

Comment

For as much as I hear about how scouts are disappointed he didn't develop further this year, I hear just much "will still be a high draft pick because of his massive potential". And this is without any bowl game, without a Senior Bowl or Combine. And I know I'm not living under a rock. To say he was only considered a 1st round pick in the first place was only because he was expected to develop this year is inaccurate. If being profient in an NFL offense was a deciding factor, Newton wouldn't even be in the same ballpark. Its all an intangibles game and the only thing worrying scouts about Locker is the inaccuracy he's shown at times, but highly doubtful that ends up keeping 32 teams off his nuts.

I don't wana turn this into a Jake Locker thread though so...back to the topic now. Cincy...QB.

Comment

Palmer will be their starter next becasue Mike Brown still owns the team.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
              Palmer will be their starter next becasue Mike Brown still owns the team.
              That just seems illogical to me. You bring in a new coach, you usher in a new era, and you keeo the mistake-prone QB. It should be the coach's choice, and usually when you have a QB going down the toilet like Palmer the coach prefers tying his legacy to his own guy. Who wants year 1 judged by Carson Palmer and his pick 6's?

Comment

That just seems illogical to me. You bring in a new coach, you usher in a new era, and you keeo the mistake-prone QB. It should be the coach's choice, and usually when you have a QB going down the toilet like Palmer the coach prefers tying his legacy to his own guy. Who wants year 1 judged by Carson Palmer and his pick 6's?
                Mike Brown gives no control to any of the coachs. Mike Brown is basically the GM for the Bengals and they will never be a great team till he either resigns or dies. And the New coach will just be someone prompted from within right now. My money is that it will be Mike Zimmer but knowing Mike Brown he will prolly promote Brat the bengals horriable OC.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Wow. Silly me for assuming the Bengals might look to better themselves....I really hope things don't work out that way for them. That's just lame...not how you build a team.

Comment

Wow. Silly me for assuming the Bengals might look to better themselves....I really hope things don't work out that way for them. That's just lame...not how you build a team.
                    Well he is the Worst Owner in Football and only cares if he sells tickets. i think his record stands as like 113-204 now.

It is a Baseball town anyway and as long as the Reds are winning i honstely think a lot of people could give 2 shits about what the Bengals are doing.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Just curious because every mock I see has Cincy taking everything but a QB. This team is bound to get a new coach and a roster makeover, specifically a new QB, so if it isn't Palmer, who does everyone think its going to be? Wouldn't their major need at QB and the new coach needing a franchise QB to align himself with boost the stock of every QB other than Luck? I just find it hard to believe they'd pass on QB to take a DE. And if you believe they would...who plays QB for them in 2011.
                      Is logging in difficult?

Comment

Originally posted by steelersfan43 View Post
                        Is logging in difficult?
                        That's the best you could come up with eh

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
                          Well he is the Worst Owner in Football and only cares if he sells tickets. i think his record stands as like 113-204 now.

Which makes me think they would be liable to do something crazy like take Cam Newton #1 overall over Andrew Luck. It wouldn't shock me one bit, but if they do end up with Luck it could really change the direction of this team. Alot of good young players on the team, defense could be really good with all the young players and the offense only needs a young true #1 WR.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            Which makes me think they would be liable to do something crazy like take Cam Newton #1 overall over Andrew Luck. It wouldn't shock me one bit, but if they do end up with Luck it could really change the direction of this team. Alot of good young players on the team, defense could be really good with all the young players and the offense only needs a young true #1 WR.
                            Yea if we take a QB i have a feeling it would be Newton. I think Mike Brown will fall in love with the kid and we will be in no better shape then their are right now.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

That's the best you could come up with eh
                              Hey dick, I didnt even read your thing it was just a question.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information