Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of Hester's record breaking return TD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3x5rk4U_zk

Beautiful....Devin Hester of the Bears broke the all-time return TD record in only 5 seasons...compared to the previous holder who it took 15 seasons to get 13 TD's. Hester has 14 return TD's in 150 less games.

He is just phenomenal. The question is, is he HOF worthy? I honestly believe if he were to have 20 or more return TDs he should have a shot.

Comment

Can we now easily say GOAT Returnman?

HoF is tough for him. He is the greatest at his position ever, but are returnmen worthy of the Hall.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Awesome achievement.

On a side note, that was just terrible coverage by the Vikings. How were so many guys not even near him to begin with, did they not see Hester moving across for the ball? It's like they just kept running straight ahead.

Comment

100 Speed = Madden HOF ;)

Comment

The argument for Hall of Fame is interesting, it's now pretty much a given that he's the greatest return man of all time. I think it needs to be argued how valuable his returns have been for his team though for him to have a chance.

He might make it, but if you look at the guys he's playing with now and where you can project he'll retire compared to those around him it might take a really down year.

Comment

Dear god. Not the "we need to put more return men in the hall of fame" discussion again. Last time was bad enough.

Comment

No Hall of Fame, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                  Awesome achievement.

On a side note, that was just terrible coverage by the Vikings. How were so many guys not even near him to begin with, did they not see Hester moving across for the ball? It's like they just kept running straight ahead.
                  You're right. That was such pathetic coverage... it was like they only had 4 guys out there and they all went running and sliding on the ice.... Hester wasn't even close to being touched.

Comment

If it stands with this record, no HoF. but if he continues with this pace (he has 14 TDs in 223 returns, mitchell had 1000 returns) then he deserves it in. id say he needs about 25-30 to make it.

Comment

I dont see why the greatest to ever play the game wouldnt be in the HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                        It gave the crowd one more reason to boo Kluwe (as if there wasnt enough already last night). We needed to do something to stay involved.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, he's an incredible return man and an invaluable weapon. but for me, what it really speaks to his inability to do anything else on the football field. Dez had a couple this year. They might stick him back there some next year, but do you honestly think they're going to put him back their when he becomes an integral part of their offense? That's usually the career trajectory for a great returner.

Imagine how many Barry Sanders would have had.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                            I dont see why the greatest to ever play the game wouldnt be in the HOF.
                            That's how I see it.
                            I think if youre the best at your position, you should be in... period.
                            I also think Ray Guy should be in too though

I understand the arguement about Dez Bryant but I don't buy it.
                            Not in this instance, at least. I think Hester is an avg WR with the potential to be better.
                            But he has the potential to be the GOAT as a KR/PR...
                            I don't think that's a knock. Field position is one of the most important aspects of football and Hester is a beast at it
                            He changes the entire kicking game of the opponent.
                            The offense gets a shorter field, making the stats of his QB/WR/TE look better (TDs)

I hope Hester continues on at this pace so he'll get some serious consideration
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
                              Don't get me wrong, he's an incredible return man and an invaluable weapon. but for me, what it really speaks to his inability to do anything else on the football field. Dez had a couple this year. They might stick him back there some next year, but do you honestly think they're going to put him back their when he becomes an integral part of their offense? That's usually the career trajectory for a great returner.

Imagine how many Barry Sanders would have had.
                              None, forty, seven...not going to lie but I just don't think we can answer that.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information