The Coaching Carousel is coming up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
    I think Capers could land somewhere like the 49ers. A young team looking for a leader and coach to play for. He could take Greene with him to become their DC and he has done a fantastic job with the Steelers OLBs and the Packers as well.
    Capers has already had 2 head coaching gigs and in 8 years he won more then 7 games once. He's also 60 years old. I have a hard time envisioning any team giving him another shot.

Comment

Lewis is going to be gone in Cincy and the 2 names that have came up are Mike Zimmer and Hue Jackson. Zimmer would be a inhouse promotion and Jackson was WR coach for Ciny for a couple years.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Coughlin will stay. Come on now. That punter will go.

Comment

I hope we don't fire Coughlin. His track record with the Giants has been very good including 1 Super Bowl, 4 playoffs, 2 NFC East champions, and only 1 losing season. There is a very good chance we go 10-6 this year and don't make the playoffs but virtually any other year we would have got in. We had a terrible terrible loss on Sunday part of which was Coughlin's fault but I'd hate to see him go. Whatever replacement we brought in would have around the same success if not worse.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Job View Post
            Why would you fire Mangini?
            I want to keep Mangini, but about half of Browns nation at least wants him gone it seems, and there is definite speculation as Wonderbredd said that Holmgren will jump on the opportunity to put his own handpicked guy in at head coach, especially after the team lost back to back games to teams that had only 2 wins when we played them plus narrowly avoiding losing to Miami and Carolina.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
              Stay in the booth. The Browns do not need a mediocre retread.
              I'm kind of meh on Gruden as well. However I think with Holmgren and Heckert running the show that they just need to find a coach who knows what he's doing and not necessarily the next Parcells or Belichick. I think Tomlin in Pittsburgh and Caldwell in Indy prove that anyone can win on a team with great talent and great management and continuity.

Comment

Somebody just hire Cowher and Gruden this year - their names pop up every year. Annoying. Plus, no more Gruden in the booth!

If the Chargers don't make the playoffs, could see Norv Turner out the door and Rivera promoted.
                Just play me, baby

Comment

I am just glad it look's like Frazier won't be the head coach of the Vikings this year. I also never understood the love he got.

Comment

I called it back in the summer since I guess I lacked confidence in Mangini for some reason, but it looks like Gruden is Clevelands choice to replace Mangenius, and the X-Factor to get it done, as I figured, is Gruden's long history with Holmgren. Good hire, he can really turn them around.

Comment

Jed York should just do what it takes to get Andrew Luck so we can have Jim Harbaugh.

If we hire Gruden, I would put cash on him keeping Alex Smith.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I'm just watching Atlanta @ Seattle and Jeremy Bates should be fired after this season. The playcalling has to be some of the worst I've seen, Hasselbeck had no chance in that game. Not that he played well or anything, but the playcalling didn't really give him a chance to do that.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                        I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                          I'm just watching Atlanta @ Seattle and Jeremy Bates should be fired after this season. The playcalling has to be some of the worst I've seen, Hasselbeck had no chance in that game. Not that he played well or anything, but the playcalling didn't really give him a chance to do that.
                          All plays are drawn up to be successful. Seattle should fire everyone on offense besides Lynch, Williams, and Obamanu.

Comment

Hopefully Russ Grimm is in love with Jimmy Claussen.

Comment

I really wouldn't bring in Jon Gruden to save your franchise unless you were not giving him control of the roster. The games in played with quarterback in Tampa Bay really hurt them and lead to his firing in the end. If you've got an established roster and just need a guy good with offenses, by all means. But if you're looking for a guy to develop your team...no.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Around the league by Jason La Canfora...touches on some coaching speculation

-Jason Garrett is front runner to be Cowboys coach unless Jeff Fisher leaves the Titans...which is a possibility if Vince Young is forced on him next year

-Mentioned Jim Harbaugh's choices as Stanford, Michigan, Panthers, and 49ers...but won't make a decision until the Stanford bowl game is done

-Says Perry Fewell is expected to interview for multiple HC jobs

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...und-the-League

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                                I really wouldn't bring in Jon Gruden to save your franchise unless you were not giving him control of the roster. The games in played with quarterback in Tampa Bay really hurt them and lead to his firing in the end. If you've got an established roster and just need a guy good with offenses, by all means. But if you're looking for a guy to develop your team...no.
                                Grudens son mentioned SF and Cleveland as options for 2012...but it wouldn't surprise me to see Singletary AND Mangini gone this year. If he had to choose i'd say he would pick Cleveland. He has a good relationship with Holmgren and the Browns are more likely to pay top dollar.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information