The Coaching Carousel is coming up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Coaching Carousel is coming up

Its almost that time of year...not Christmas, not New Year's, but almost time to spin the coaching carousel once more. 3 head coaches have already been fired, a few more are expected to be gone at the end of the year (Lewis, Fox), and then combine that with a few more potentially on the hotseat (Singletary, Kubiak, Fisher).

Just to start....numerous reporters, both local and national, have reported that Singletary is basically coaching out the string in San Francisco, even if the 49ers make the playoffs. The validity of the reports is another issue, but when its from so many different sources i wouldn't bet against it. Anyways, 2 candidates for the job are Jon Gruden and Jim Harbaugh as reported by peter King.

3. I think, summing up the weekend's coaching news: I see Mike Singletary having a very hard time keeping his job in San Francisco barring a 5-1 or maybe 4-2 finish, and I see Jon Gruden and Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh being among the leading candidates for the gig. The Niners are desperate for a quarterback of the future, and the next coach could be the man who finds and trains him ...
    Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz18mUww9iJ

On other coaching speculation....Bill Cowher is reportedly eyeing 3 teams in a potential comeback. The most obvious of the 3 would be the Texans..

Cowher’s wish list, per Mort, consists of the Dolphins, Texans, and Giants.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-three-teams/

For the Panthers, Russ Grimm has been linked to the HC job..

And Adam Schefter of ESPN reports, citing two NFL sources, that talk is already centering on Cardinals assistant head coach Russ Grimm as a strong candidate to replace Fox.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...thers-in-2011/

What coaches do you think could get fired this season, and who do you think could replace them, either due to local/national reports, or your own gut feelings? Feel free to use this thread to discuss the comings and goings of the upcoming coaching carousel.

I think Capers could land somewhere like the 49ers. A young team looking for a leader and coach to play for. He could take Greene with him to become their DC and he has done a fantastic job with the Steelers OLBs and the Packers as well.

Comment

If the Giants miss the playoffs again does Coughlin get fired?

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
        If the Giants miss the playoffs again does Coughlin get fired?
        Lots of talk going on about this here in New York. If they don't make the playoffs, I think he's gone. The debacle against the Eagles would be the nail in the coffin, imo.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I have a strong feeling that Frazier will not be the head coach of the vikings next season.

sig by fenikz
          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
          You are just a terrible person.
          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
          I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
            I have a strong feeling that Frazier will not be the head coach of the vikings next season.
            I never understood the love affair with Frazier. Just because he's black and runs a Tampa Two doesn't mean he's Dungy or Tomlin.

Comment

I hope the Steelers OC is in on this. I hate Bruce Arians.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

I have a feeling that Gruden will be our coach next season in Cleveland, unless he wants to stick around on MNF for another year.

Comment

Russ Grimm would be a perfect fit in Carolina.

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                    I hope the Steelers OC is in on this. I hate Bruce Arians.
                    I'm hoping Kubiak gets fired and Tomlin looks at him.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                      I have a feeling that Gruden will be our coach next season in Cleveland, unless he wants to stick around on MNF for another year.
                      Stay in the booth. The Browns do not need a mediocre retread.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                        Lots of talk going on about this here in New York. If they don't make the playoffs, I think he's gone. The debacle against the Eagles would be the nail in the coffin, imo.
                        If this happens, do we see John Fox return to the Meadowlands? I've heard he's still highly thought of in the organization and that a lot of Giants fans (BBD and my dad) still love him and hated seeing him go.

Comment

I think the 49ers, Panthers, Bills, and Dolphins will go after an offensive guy...probably young. I'd like to see the 49ers go back to their ballsy roots and give McDaniels his 2nd job...I think they can do some sick things with the talent they have on offense outside of QB.

The Texans would be a great spot for one of the "retread" coaches who might be or are available...particularly John Fox. They're right there as a team...they have a QB, they have an offense, and their D is missing only a couple pieces while holding a ton of major pieces (Williams, Cushing, Ryans, I still like Okoye, A. Smith, and Jackson). Fox has won with a QB who isn't your typical storybook QB and they're one of the few teams who are building towards an awesome 4-3 D.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                            Why would you fire Mangini?

Comment

Originally posted by Job View Post
                              Why would you fire Mangini?
                              A rational thinking person would not.

However, so many people are speculating that Holmgren will replace Mangini with one of his guys that this rumor has legs, based on absolutely nothing but guesses.

Mangini should be the man for any number of reasons including the job he has done and the disadvantage the CBA would put John Gruden in here, which is why I do not think it was a coincidence that Gruden's kid mentioned the year 2012.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information