Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 16 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
    Yeah man.. I know you live in your mom's basement and cut your wrists... but finding my posts to troll on.... yeah!!!!

    Anyway, the eagles just aren't that good. end of story.
    I think there's a legitimate argument here. After all, this was supposed to be a rebuilding year. I assume that with Kolb as the starter, they're a 7 to 9 win team.

    Their offensive line is terrible. I'd say they're the worst in the league, but sadly, the state of offensive lines leaguewide is just disgusting. Defensively, they have nothing besides one or two pass rushers and Asante Samuel (who really isn't that good in his own right - missing him that much just tells you how poor the rest of the secondary is).

    The only reason they're where they are now is because of Michael Vick. Like the last two seasons with McNabb, this team can't consistently put together long, methodical drive. They live and die by the big play - the question is whether a team can contain it for long enough. Minnesota did last night, and the Giants did for three and a half quarters.

    I'm interested to see what they do come playoff time. It's going to be all about matchups and whether Michael Vick can survive behind that swiss cheese o-line.

    Comment


    • It's going to be difficult for the Eagles to keep Vick relatively healthy for 4 straight playoff games if they keep advancing. The Eagles really could have used the bye week just to knock off the extra game for their possible playoff run.
      #Chop


      sig by BoneKrusher

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        It's going to be difficult for the Eagles to keep Vick relatively healthy for 4 straight playoff games if they keep advancing. The Eagles really could have used the bye week just to knock off the extra game for their possible playoff run.
        What are the odds of Andy Reid learning that the best way to protect your QB is by running the ball in the next week or so? I'm starting at +800.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
          What are the odds of Andy Reid learning that the best way to protect your QB is by running the ball in the next week or so? I'm starting at +800.
          Well Vick has no reason to play against the Cowboys next week and then Reid will probably pass the ball even more in the playoffs. +1000 might be an even better starting point. If he does run the ball they'll be Vick designed runs for sure.
          #Chop


          sig by BoneKrusher

          Comment


          • Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
            Sadly, its either them (Packers) or the Giants, and the Giants are just as good imo.
            Did you write that before or after we just beat them 45-17?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              I think there's a legitimate argument here. After all, this was supposed to be a rebuilding year. I assume that with Kolb as the starter, they're a 7 to 9 win team.

              Their offensive line is terrible. I'd say they're the worst in the league, but sadly, the state of offensive lines leaguewide is just disgusting. Defensively, they have nothing besides one or two pass rushers and Asante Samuel (who really isn't that good in his own right - missing him that much just tells you how poor the rest of the secondary is).

              The only reason they're where they are now is because of Michael Vick. Like the last two seasons with McNabb, this team can't consistently put together long, methodical drive. They live and die by the big play - the question is whether a team can contain it for long enough. Minnesota did last night, and the Giants did for three and a half quarters.

              I'm interested to see what they do come playoff time. It's going to be all about matchups and whether Michael Vick can survive behind that swiss cheese o-line.
              Thank you dude.

              Without the lucky sacks when they blitz the house on defense, and on offense without the big play, they aren't that good.

              they are a small finesse team, and once you let them know that your there to play, they back down like bitches.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                I don't care either, but if you have rules enforce them on everyone or don't have them at all.
                You could say this about a lot of NFL rules.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CameronCropper View Post
                  Lovie Smith has already gone on the record saying that the Bears will play their starters no matter what.

                  Which I'm glad about, personally.
                  As a Bucs fan I approve of the Bears playing their starters. I mean its a divisional game with the opportunity to knock your rivals out of the playoffs. You gotta do it.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                    Thank you dude.

                    Without the lucky sacks when they blitz the house on defense, and on offense without the big play, they aren't that good.

                    they are a small finesse team, and once you let them know that your there to play, they back down like bitches.
                    Dunno if I'd go that far. Just ask the Giants. They're still an insanely difficult team to match up with.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                      Thank you dude.

                      Without the lucky sacks when they blitz the house on defense, and on offense without the big play, they aren't that good.

                      they are a small finesse team, and once you let them know that your there to play, they back down like bitches.
                      Lucky sacks? What the **** does that even mean? It's not like QBs just keep falling down over and over again when playing the Eagles. Just because you are jealous of the Eagles success during an embarrassing season by the Cowboys doesn't mean that you should trash them with garbage arguments.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                        Lucky sacks? What the **** does that even mean? It's not like QBs just keep falling down over and over again when playing the Eagles. Just because you are jealous of the Eagles success during an embarrassing season by the Cowboys doesn't mean that you should trash them with garbage arguments.
                        Not at all... Jealous of the eagles success? They're going nowhere... and we had a down year. Oh wow they made the playoffs... they aren't gonna win ****. That has nothing to do with any of this.

                        The eagles are always just there. They're never special, and with Andy Reid they never will be. They are an average team who looks good with the big play. Nothing more, nothing less.

                        As far as the lucky sacks comment, all they do is blitz and talk about how the DC's for their team are soooo good. Please, give me a break.

                        As far as an embarrassing season for the cowboys? not really, Garrett is gonna be a boss head coach, Romo will be back, and we should be getting a top 10 pick. Sounds good to me. We beat playoff teams in the second half of the year under garrett, and shouldve beat the saints.

                        Jealous of the eagles success? I'd hate my life if i was an eagles fan. It's the same thing every year. Nice try though.

                        Comment


                        • That's probably the best spin job I've ever seen when describing a 5-11 season in which the HC got fired.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                            Not at all... Jealous of the eagles success? They're going nowhere... and we had a down year. Oh wow they made the playoffs... they aren't gonna win ****. That has nothing to do with any of this.

                            The eagles are always just there. They're never special, and with Andy Reid they never will be. They are an average team who looks good with the big play. Nothing more, nothing less.

                            As far as the lucky sacks comment, all they do is blitz and talk about how the DC's for their team are soooo good. Please, give me a break.

                            As far as an embarrassing season for the cowboys? not really, Garrett is gonna be a boss head coach, Romo will be back, and we should be getting a top 10 pick. Sounds good to me. We beat playoff teams in the second half of the year under garrett, and shouldve beat the saints.

                            Jealous of the eagles success? I'd hate my life if i was an eagles fan. It's the same thing every year. Nice try though.


                            *whistle*

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X

                            Debug Information