X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kellen Winslow Jr. still having knee problems

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

BROWNS NOT COUNTING ON WINSLOW
    In response to a tip that we recently received regarding the condition of Browns tight end Kellen Winslow following microfracture surgery on the knee that he initially injured when he made like Evel Knievel in May 2005, we've checked with a couple of our sources and we've determined that the powers that be in Cleveland are not counting on Winslow to be available for the 2007.
    "There really is a good chance he won't play this season," a league source told us.
    The bigger question, as the source pointed out, is why didn't the Browns shut Winslow down earlier in the 2006 season? They were out of the playoff hunt, and yet Winslow (to the pleasure of fantasy owners only) continued to play despite being listed as questionable nearly every week due to his knee.
    "I would have made him have the surgery earlier to make sure he'd be ready for this upcoming season," said the source.
    But there are also whispers that, in the wake of the procedure for creating scar tissue that will simulate knee cartilage, Winslow might never be able to play again.
    Stay tuned.

Is this really legit. If so all I need to say is WHOOO!

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Browns and their knee problems...

Comment

But is this really credible the source is bad. But this could be true has had more problems wiht his knees than most.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
        Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Blast him buying that stupid motorcycle.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Things just keep getting better for the Browns

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Something is wrong with that organazation.

Whoever allowed him to play should lose their job. (If this is legit)

Comment

I will curl up in the fetal position and weep

Comment

Savage reported during the combine that Winslow was doing fine with the 2nd surjury this offseason to take out scar tissue. They said it didnt go as liked, and that he would miss an extra month from rehab, regaurdless they said he would be out until around officials practice time.

That article didnt have proper sited sources therefore it doesnt exsist accotding to this boards rules and there would have been an article about it by now in the local papers.

Comment

Wow, that sucks... Hope it isn't true.

I enjoy having someone on the Browns actually mouth off before we beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                      Wow, that sucks... Hope it isn't true.

I enjoy having someone on the Browns actually mouth off before we beat them.
                      Ya because the Bengals SOOOOOOO dominate us over the course of our rivalry......

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                        Is this really legit. If so all I need to say is WHOOO!
                        Stay classy.
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Like I have said before, the Browns are cursed with injuries to high profile players.

Anway, that really sucks for Winslow. I know he is cocky and arrogant, but he has a right too be. Outside of Vernon Davis he is probably the best athlete at TE in recent memory. If he can't ever play again, and even if he does play and isn't the same, it will suck because there goes a potential hall of fame career down the drain.

Comment

I did remember him on the HotList on ESPNews like 1 month ago saying he is doing good in rehab, so IDK. I don't knwo how creditable this source it.

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
                              Like I have said before, the Browns are cursed with injuries to high profile players.

Anway, that really sucks for Winslow. I know he is cocky and arrogant, but he has a right too be. Outside of Vernon Davis he is probably the best athlete at TE in recent memory. If he can't ever play again, and even if he does play and isn't the same, it will suck because there goes a potential hall of fame career down the drain.
                              When Winslow was healthy Davis could barely hold his jock strap. Davis timed better but Winslow actually played the position better.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information