• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49ersfan_87
    started a topic Kellen Winslow Jr. still having knee problems

Kellen Winslow Jr. still having knee problems

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

BROWNS NOT COUNTING ON WINSLOW
    In response to a tip that we recently received regarding the condition of Browns tight end Kellen Winslow following microfracture surgery on the knee that he initially injured when he made like Evel Knievel in May 2005, we've checked with a couple of our sources and we've determined that the powers that be in Cleveland are not counting on Winslow to be available for the 2007.
    "There really is a good chance he won't play this season," a league source told us.
    The bigger question, as the source pointed out, is why didn't the Browns shut Winslow down earlier in the 2006 season? They were out of the playoff hunt, and yet Winslow (to the pleasure of fantasy owners only) continued to play despite being listed as questionable nearly every week due to his knee.
    "I would have made him have the surgery earlier to make sure he'd be ready for this upcoming season," said the source.
    But there are also whispers that, in the wake of the procedure for creating scar tissue that will simulate knee cartilage, Winslow might never be able to play again.
    Stay tuned.

• DeathbyStat
    replied
    Thank you I can sleep soundly tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Freddy G
    replied
    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=6585

Case closed...PFT sucks and is always wrong.

Leave a comment:

• P-L
    replied
    Is there anywhere else that is reporting this other than PFT?

Leave a comment:

• portermvp84
    replied
    I like the guy but he just can't stay healthy.

Leave a comment:

• PoopSandwich
    replied
    Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
    The reason this saddens me is because Kellen winslow very really could've been the greatest TE to ever play the game... Hell look what he did with Charlie Frye at QB. I don't want to miss what could've been. That's why I hate this news.
    It's turning out to be a BS rumor... Unless the Browns feel like lieng to everyone.

Leave a comment:

• BlindSite
    replied
    The reason this saddens me is because Kellen winslow very really could've been the greatest TE to ever play the game... Hell look what he did with Charlie Frye at QB. I don't want to miss what could've been. That's why I hate this news.

Leave a comment:

• PoopSandwich
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
    ask the editor why they prematurely said the Browns had an agreement with nate clements? Also if you dont mind asking him, why they were the first place to report LeCharles Bentley signing with the Eagles, when that also wasnt true. Everyone knows about there track record. Then give him this link and maybe he can then realize it.
    I did, and he didn't respond.

Leave a comment:

• MP123
    replied
    No more motorcycles!!!

Leave a comment:

• JoeMontainya
    replied
    ask the editor why they prematurely said the Browns had an agreement with nate clements? Also if you dont mind asking him, why they were the first place to report LeCharles Bentley signing with the Eagles, when that also wasnt true. Everyone knows about there track record. Then give him this link and maybe he can then realize it.

Leave a comment:

• PoopSandwich
    replied
    LOL I sent the Editor of pro-football talk an e-mail basically saying that im tired of his bull **** rumors and he said... "You have no idea of our track record"

LOL!!!!!!!

Anyone see the irony of this.

Leave a comment:

• JoeMontainya
    replied
    This is ********, he didnt even have to have the recent surjury and did it by choice just to get the bone chips out of his knee from the wear from the last surjury. he said himself he would be back a month or so ago and that it would take acouple months to recover.

Leave a comment:

• Canadian_kid16
    replied
    you would have thought that modern technology would have prevented pro athletes from the Bobby Orr syndrome...guess not, hope he can return to full form

Leave a comment:

• PoopSandwich
    replied
    Originally posted by icantackleclaret View Post
    Kellen Winslow-TE- Browns Mar. 19 - 7:19 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Kellen Winslow (microfracture knee surgery) has been off crutches for the past two weeks.
    Browns trainers are reportedly convinced that he'll be back for summer workouts despite reports that Winslow might sit out the season.

rotoworld.com
    I should just go ride over to kellens house and get the scoop ;)

Leave a comment:

• icantackleclaret
    replied
    Kellen Winslow-TE- Browns Mar. 19 - 7:19 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Kellen Winslow (microfracture knee surgery) has been off crutches for the past two weeks.
    Browns trainers are reportedly convinced that he'll be back for summer workouts despite reports that Winslow might sit out the season.

rotoworld.com

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information