Eagles O on the verge of making NFL HISTORY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stranger View Post
    Isn't the point of the thread to discuss the eagles offense? Is it really so out of line to discuss this offense in terms of where it stacks up historically?

If so, well then it's a cool record but one that seems fairly meaningless since it relies on having a QB getting to 10 TDs so limits it pretty much to a handfull of teams. All it really does is reinforce how unique Vick really is.
    Yeah sure, its to talk about the eagles offense, but when we got guys coming in and saying "Yeah they are good but they arent as good as this team". its just annoying.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
      And you guys are talking about something completely irrelevant to the thread. this has nothing to do with the Patriots, so they shouldnt even be discussed.
      He asked how nuts this offense was, I implyed weve seen better. How is that off topic. Learn to read, instead of just saying people are annoying. Sorry your butt hurt people aren't impressed.

Originally posted by WMD
      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
      Originally posted by gpngc
      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Stranger
        Pats offense scored 30+ points 12 times.
        Eagles so far scored 30+ points 6 times.

Pats scored 67 offensive TDS
        Eagles so far 43 TDs.

Pats 586/451 pass run ratio or 1.29 to 1
        Eagles 482/378 pass run ratio or 1.27 to 1

Pats ave per pass 7.8
        Eagles ave per pass 6.8

Pats ave per run 4.1
        Ealges ave per run 5.5

While the Eagles may be faster the Pats were better.

Edit: Checking stats
        Do the stats tell the whole story of the Eagles season so far? I don't think they do.

Now, Michael Vick is the starting QB now, but it wasn't always like that. In fact, he hasn't taken a single snap in three games of this season and had to come in at halftime during our season opener due to injury. Now Tom Brady attempted at least 25 passes in every game and Matt Cassell only had 7 attempts all season, which leads me to believe he had an injury free season.

If the Patriots were missing Tom Brady for three games during that season, I think the stats would be a little different as well.

With Michael Vick quarterbacking the Eagles offense, they're on a very close, if not the same, tier of offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Stranger View Post
          Isn't the point of the thread to discuss the eagles offense? Is it really so out of line to discuss this offense in terms of where it stacks up historically?

If so, well then it's a cool record but one that seems fairly meaningless since it relies on having a QB getting to 10 TDs so limits it pretty much to a handfull of teams. All it really does is reinforce how unique Vick really is.
          Not necessarily, like you yourself pointed out earlier Edge was only 1 TD away. This record can be had without a QB having to rush for a dime, it's not easy by any stretch of the imagination either way though.
          ----------

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
            He asked how nuts this offense was, I implyed weve seen better. How is that off topic. Learn to read, instead of just saying people are annoying. Sorry your butt hurt people aren't impressed.
            sorry your a giant homer, and cant talk about an offense other than your own.

I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

sorry your a giant homer, and cant talk about an offense other than your own.
              I know I said it before, but again try reading. If were getting into the subject of "How nuts an offense is" the Pats are getting brought up. Stop whinning about things.

Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                I know I said it before, but again try reading. If were getting into the subject of "How nuts an offense is" the Pats are getting brought up. Stop whinning about things.

Im not whining about anything, i just dont wanna read about **** that has nothing to do with the thread.

You cant talk about anyones offense other than yours....and thats ok man, whatever just admit it.

And how was i proven wrong? Because you said the Pats offense was better? i never said they werent....i just said it was pointless to bring it up....but yeah i guess im wrong....
                Last edited by SickwithIt1010; 12-22-2010, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Does anyone other than an Eagles fan really care about a stat like this?

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                    seriously? who cares about the pats per game/season scoring? the team refused to punt or kick field goals. they were running up the score in nearly every single game. worthless comparison is worthless.
                    When i saw that stat comparison made this is what I thought too, thank you.
                    Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
                    Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                      seriously? who cares about the pats per game/season scoring? the team refused to punt or kick field goals. they were running up the score in nearly every single game. worthless comparison is worthless.
                      Thank you, i have another person with the same thinking.

Comment

Yeah sure, its to talk about the eagles offense, but when we got guys coming in and saying "Yeah they are good but they arent as good as this team". its just annoying.
                        So?

The Eagles could be breaking a record on offense. When a team does this, historical perspective is often brought up to gauge how impressive it is. That Patriots offense is viewed by most as the best offense of the modern age, so naturally, they'll be brought up quickly. Is it always accurate or wise to come to conclusions based on this? No, but it is inevitable. Don't feel like the Pats fan is trying to steal your team's thunder.

We're here to discuss this record if broken by the Eagles, whether it's through admiration, criticism, and/or comparison. You have no grounds to take issue with this.
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                          So?

The Eagles could be breaking a record on offense. When a team does this, historical perspective is often brought up to gauge how impressive it is. That Patriots offense is viewed by most as the best offense of the modern age, so naturally, they'll be brought up quickly. Is it always accurate or wise to come to conclusions based on this? No, but it is inevitable. Don't feel like the Pats fan is trying to steal your team's thunder.

We're here to discuss this record if broken by the Eagles, whether it's through admiration, criticism, and/or comparison. You have no grounds to take issue with this.
                          Id understand it if the question was brought up of "is this the best ever" or "how does it compare to (insert team)" it was just there way of shooting down what they are doing.

"they wouldnt do **** against this defense", "they dont have anything on this offense!" gets annoying.

Its not even that im an eagles fan, just a football fan in general. The 2007 patriots is the best Offense i have ever seen and ive never argued that in this thread, its just not the topic.

Comment

They talked about the Birds breaking this record on Playbook today on NFLN.

Here's the link to the vid:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelph...Need-for-speed
                            ----------

Comment

cool thread dude. no one gives a **** unless they win a ring. ask the patriots about records and no rings.
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Eagles offense is nice, but it's only a slightly above-average passing offense. It's an elite rushing offense, but those aren't nearly as hard to stop as elite passing offenses.

I'll give the nod to the 2010 and 2007 Patriots as superior offenses, but the Eagles offense is still impressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information