Eagles O on the verge of making NFL HISTORY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles O on the verge of making NFL HISTORY

The Birds O is staring in the face of history, no team in football has ever had 4 guys score ten or more TDs in a single season

Maclin: 10 TDs

McCoy: 9 TDs

D-Jax: 8 Tds

Vick: 8 TDs

How nuts is this offense, geezzz

EDIT: Playbook did a segment on the Eagles possibly breaking this record today on NFLN

Vid: http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelph...Need-for-speed
    Last edited by D-Shiznit; 12-22-2010, 10:01 PM.
    ----------

Originally posted by D-Shiznit View Post
    The Birds O is staring in the face of history, no team in football has ever had 4 guys score ten or more TDs in a single season

Maclin: 10 TDs

McCoy: 9 TDs

D-Jax: 8 Tds

Vick: 8 TDs

How nuts is this offense, geezzz
    wtf. Punt and kick returns are not offense, genius.

Comment

None of them have a KR TD and D-Jax only has 1 PR TD.
      ----------

Comment

Coooooooooooooooool.

Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

And people thought Vick was overrated in ATL...

Comment

Originally posted by D-Shiznit View Post
            None of them have a KR TD and D-Jax only has 1 PR TD.
            ...which is my point. Jackson does not have 8 offensive TDs. Thread is fail.

Comment

Originally posted by GOTTI View Post
              And people thought Vick was overrated in ATL...
              He was. He was playing nothing like he is now as an Eagle.

Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                ...which is my point. Jackson does not have 8 offensive TDs. Thread is fail.
                Will make you feel any better if I tell you that record is not exclusive to just the offense. No team in the NFL history has had 4 players score 10 TDs or more whether it be TD rushes or TD receptions or TD returns.
                ----------

Comment

Colts 2004

Harrison 15
                  Wayne 12
                  Stokley 10
                  Edge 9

Suprised Edge only got to 9.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck
                    Still, they wouldn't do crap against the 2000 Ravens or the 2007 Giants.
                    Which is totally irrelevant to anything being discussed in this thread.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43
                      Not really. I like the Eagles and what Vick is doing for that offense, but as a Pats fan specifically, that 2007 offense isn't touched by this one.
                      I have a tough time agreeing with this. I think the Eagles offense is simply one of the fastest that has ever played the game. We can get the job done in every facet of the game. Contrary to the 2007 Pats, we've had a balanced offense thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                        Which is totally irrelevant to anything being discussed in this thread.
                        thank you, took the words out of my mouth.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Stranger
                          Pats offense scored 30+ points 12 times.
                          Eagles so far scored 30+ points 6 times.

Pats scored 67 offensive TDS
                          Eagles so far 43 TDs.

Pats 586/481 pass run ratio or 1.21 to 1
                          Eagles 482/378 pass run ratio or 1.27 to 1

Pats ave per pass 7.8
                          Eagles ave per pass 6.8

Pats ave per run 4.1
                          Ealges ave per run 5.5
                          Who gives a ****, the thread isnt about who is the best offense in the history of football is, its talking about a stat that will be the first time ever.

This thread is going to turn into **** because thats what people are going to make it into.

I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43
                            I'm glad I didn't have to pull up those stats. Pats 2007 offense put up the most points by an NFL team ever. Vick is a freak right now but no way is that offense better. Also, to the guy saying it's about something that hasn't happened yet, thats exactly what this thread is. A. Should go in the Eagles thread B. It hasn't happened and with only two games left it isn't a shoe in to happen yet.
                            And you guys are talking about something completely irrelevant to the thread. this has nothing to do with the Patriots, so they shouldnt even be discussed.

Comment

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                              And you guys are talking about something completely irrelevant to the thread. this has nothing to do with the Patriots, so they shouldnt even be discussed.
                              Isn't the point of the thread to discuss the eagles offense? Is it really so out of line to discuss this offense in terms of where it stacks up historically?

If so, well then it's a cool record but one that seems fairly meaningless since it relies on having a QB getting to 10 TDs so limits it pretty much to a handfull of teams. All it really does is reinforce how unique Vick really is.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information