Kyle Orton's trade value?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
    Orton's likely better than any of those guys right now. The only QB who might be on the market who is better as a short and long term solution is VY. Also Minnesota won't be looking for a long-term solution, there window is next year and maybe the year after that. They should draft a guy this year, let Orton play the season and then let him walk and let the young guy take over and rebuild around him.
    We don't even have a window. The only players on our roster who we would need to win in this one or two year window is Hutch, Winfield, and Pat Williams (who's already too much of an old slob to do much at all anymore.) You can't make a run when you have a non-existant secondary and offensive line. Williams is done after this year anyway, Hutch has a couple more, and if we move Winfield to safety perhaps he can have a little bit more longevity. Trying to win with the team we have now would be utterly pointless because there's no chance of winning with the team we have now. We need to completely revamp the secondary and o-line, but first and foremost grab a quarterback in the 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      Ok, then you go and absolutely contradict yourself:
      well
      1 I never said I agreed with it
      2 I added conditions that would be set in place for it to happen
      3 I went back and changed my mind after I thought about possible landing spots for him

so, looking back the thing I forgot to point out (and definitely should have) is that Orton played like a 2nd rounder, circumstances aside. I also should have noted that I was pointing out how dumb Seattle was, and that you can't discount that from happening again - I wasn't using that trade to judge his value

apologies for not being specific and having a wondering mind today

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

If you are Denver why would you trade Orton, when Tebow is not or have not proved himself as a starter or future franchice QB?

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
        The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
        Newton
        South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
        Barely literate +5 swagger
        Thief +15 swagger
        Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
        Big, average speed -3 swagger
        Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
        Total Swagger: 62
        ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

Originally posted by shylo3716 View Post
          If you are Denver why would you trade Orton, when Tebow is not or have not proved himself as a starter or future franchice QB?
          Because they don't plan on contending any time soon even with Orton at the helm. Plus, they pissed Orton off by benching him for Tebowzzz so he doesn't really want to be there any more either.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

3 reasons:
            1. Denver has shown no logic in personnel moves for a couple years now
            2. They will have a new coaching staff, who knows what they will want to do
            3. Tebow was a 1st round pick so to them they expect him to be a starter, although I have to refer back to 1 and 2 here

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Tebow + Starter/Franchise QB = Top 5 Draft picks for many many years to come

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
              The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
              Newton
              South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
              Barely literate +5 swagger
              Thief +15 swagger
              Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
              Big, average speed -3 swagger
              Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
              Total Swagger: 62
              ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

I would rather give up a 5th/6th for Kitna than whatever I would have to give up for Orton

Sig by Me

Comment

Because Orton isn't in the long term plans for this team. He's not a long term QB. He's a good veteran to have, but he's not the kind of guy a team gets to start for them for several years. The hope is Tebow is that guy.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Comment

As a direct example of why we're starting him, see today's fourth quarter.

But no, y'all are probably right. It would've been much better to keep starting orton and to end the season without knowing how tebow would handle that kind of fourth quarter.
                      Not only would we not know how Tebow would handle that situation, we'd have not known how he'd handle that situation while potentially having Andrew Luck staring at our face on the draft board. With this win, not only are we out of contention for him and don't have to face that, we're seeing that Tebow definitely deserves a shot to prove himself further.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information