No announcement yet.

James Richard Clausen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

passing on Andrew Luck is basically telling your fan base to go **** themselves

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
      passing on Andrew Luck is basically telling your fan base to go **** themselves
      "**** you fans, get used to Jimmy Clausen failing to get the ball to AJ Green."

If they don't take Luck, they should absolutely be able to trade the pick for a king's ransom, especially if Cincy ends up at #2.

Comment

Passing on Terrell Pryor is a wrong thing to do. TP will be 1st overall!!!
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
          Passing on Terrell Pryor is a wrong thing to do. TP will be 1st overall!!!

Comment

Clausen is a bad quarterback playing for a terrible team

It's not anymore complicated than that.

Comment

I thought he was going to at least be decent this year. I've seen most of his games and he's been god-awful. I mean, bad enough, I'd cut him now.
              **** her in da *****!

Comment

oh hai guyz

Comment

No, and I'm a Notre Dame fan. He lacks leadership skills and puts no velocity on his throws, which leads to a lot of batted passes.

The most disturbing thing about him this year is that he hasn't gotten better. Obviously rookie quarterbacks don't reach their peak in one year, but there's been zero improvement game-to-game.
                  Just play me, baby

Comment

Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
                    The most disturbing thing about him this year is that he hasn't gotten better. Obviously rookie quarterbacks don't reach their peak in one year, but there's been zero improvement game-to-game.
                    I think this is important in evaluating any young QB getting their first NFL starts.

Obviously, you can't expect every rookie QB to come in and dominate from the start. You can count on one hand rookie QBs who actually played well, not just for rookies, but for any QB. Marino, Roethlisberger, Ryan, Bradford (for the first half of this year, he's really cooled off lately.)

But what is important, is that they try to limit mistakes and show flashes of the potential they could reach by making a good play from time to time.

Clausen has shown next to nothing....tons and tons of incompletions and checkdowns are the best we've seen from him.

Comment

And the thing is - he's got a supporting cast. He's got Steve Smith, he's got a rejuvenated running game with Stewart and Goodson - but he still can't get much done. The offensive line isn't particuarly good, but it could be worse.

The Panthers will be taking Luck, as they should. I suspect Clausen will be the third quarterback next year.

You've heard of QBs making the talent around them look better? Clausen is the opposite.
                      Just play me, baby

Comment

I think it's a little unfair to give up on a QB so early, but Clausen is looking pretty Cory Pickett out there. It looks like he's prepared too, that's the worst part. He looks like he literally just can't make the throws to hack it. Granted, I only saw his performance against one of the better defenses out there so I can't say I've really studied him this year.

On Andrew Luck, his potential has to outweigh Clausen's. Restart the franchise with Luck as the headliner and progress will be seen.
                        Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Guys around are here are hard on rookie QBs.
                          The Panthers WRs as a group have been one of the worst in the NFL.

Jimmy isn't ready to start as a rookie, but to write off a QB in his first year on a bad offensive team is harsh IMO.

Comment

He sucked as a prospect. Nothing has changed.
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                              Guys around are here are hard on rookie QBs.
                              The Panthers WRs as a group have been one of the worst in the NFL.

Jimmy isn't ready to start as a rookie, but to write off a QB in his first year on a bad offensive team is harsh IMO.
                              Exactly. He's been thrust into an awful situation as a rookie (and a guy that should be completing his senior year now) and has struggled.

He's made progress every week he's started, but they've been baby steps.

Of course it doesn't matter that I think he'll be vastly improved next season and has the potential to be a very good QB in this league because the Panthers will be pressured into taking 'the Messiah'.

Comment

I watched last night, he looked flat out ****. The throw to the end zone for Rosario?? ******* pitiful attempt. Looked like my grandma throwing ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information