No announcement yet.

Every NFL season = ~3 yrs off player lifespan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NFL is a machine that runs on player blood and sweat. In no sport are the athletes more like cattle...

Comment

People assume wrongly that only the games are hurting the life expectancy. Living at 300 + pounds us just unhealthy, the effort it takes for the hart to support such a body is already a reason for them to die sooner, also plenty of other reasons.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
        Brett favre should probably drop dead when he retires then.
        Technicallys according to this, literally, as soon as he announces retirment he should drop dead haha.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
          The NFL is a machine that runs on player blood and sweat. In no sport are the athletes more like cattle...
          And all of they get for this is more money than 99% of the population will see in a lifetime (barring hyperinflation).

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
            Oh boo hoo. As if the players have no choice in the matter.

It's amazing how many people cry and whine about pro athletes when there are many many people in other dangerous jobs that don't get paid nearly what big time pro athletes do.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
              Oh boo hoo. As if the players have no choice in the matter.

It's amazing how many people cry and whine about pro athletes when there are many many people in other dangerous jobs that don't get paid nearly what big time pro athletes do.
              Seriously...

They only get paid around 60,000 a year working by the hour.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

I can barely even watch that, that's some scary ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Stash View Post
                  I can barely even watch that, that's some scary ****.
                  Yeah. One slip up and it could be your life.

Comment

Holy **** that is crazy. I'd imagine going back down would be even worse.

Comment

I'm hoping for the 18 game season and expanded regular season rosters. It sucks that it's going to diminish records ex. making 2000 yards rushing much less impressive but I like football as a team sport. I would like to see bigger rosters and less known players get some time in the spot light. I would like to see coaches use more strategy in keeping their stars fresh so they don't wear down too fast. As long as they expand rosters and use the extra players more it should counter the degenerative effect of an extra 2 games.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
                        You think death will stop Brett Favre??

lmao, Favre's retirement job: as a cameo extra in the Walking Dead, a zombie wearing a #4 jersey.

Some could say the whole Vikings 2010 season was the Walking Dead but that's another thread. Their only wins came vs. 5-win or less teams, arrgghh.

Comment

I actually wrote a paper last year on the lift of an NFL running back and why they usually dont make it past the age of 30. It was amazing some of the stuff you learn...

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                          I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information