Every NFL season = ~3 yrs off player lifespan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every NFL season = ~3 yrs off player lifespan

From Gregg Doyel of CBSSports.com yesterday.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...ue-doesnt-care

The more yrs played in the league the more years shaved off the life expectancy total of almost 75 for the avg. American male. Seems like only yesterday that avg. was > 81 yrs, dropped 6 yrs. Yet the ladies' avg. life expectancy hasn't lost but about 1-2 yrs from its zenith, mostly attributed to more women in the workforce now. Being born male means being expendable I guess, so enjoy it while you've got it, boys.

Interesting stats, love the no. of Pro Bowlers & difference-makers on his All Injury Team. Now you know why the NFLPA is dead set against the 18-game season, it costs the avg. player another 12.5 yrs. Only Goodell & the owners who sign the paychecks & don't have to suit up & get hit by 300-lb. armored giants on the field want the 18 game season. Lots of owners around in their 60s, 70s & 80s, how many former NFL players that age?

Brett favre should probably drop dead when he retires then.
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

And then Al Dav...I mean Satan will collect his soul.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

The UFL's new marketing plan:

"Half the season, half more the life!"
        Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

This can't be good for the 18 game season proposal.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
            better headline, "nfl killing its players. players collectively shrug; demand miniscule, incremental raise."
            Can I sig quote the headline please?

Comment

I still don't understand why so many people are against increasing the numbers of games in a season because it would cause too many injuries, yet the also are against reducing the number of games in a season (which would, in theory, greatly reduce the number of injuries). Does a 16 game schedule cause just the right amount of injuries?

Comment

who is against a reduction? i think 2/16 would be great but 4 preseason games is just far too many

Comment

2/16 makes the most sense, but if 2/14 was even a remote possibility I'd be all for it.
                  I'm a state.

Comment

Its always been 20 games since forever. You only hear the players and owners side, we never hear what the coaches thing. Will less pre season mean less reps for rookies and younger guys? When do you determine how long your going to play your starters? When do you go all out for quarter or 2 in a pre season game? Do you make the first game of the season a test run?

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                      The UFL's new marketing plan:

"Half the season, half more the life!"
                      Ha, love it.

Comment

Stupid Voodoo Monkey for taking my post about Brett Favre's imminent death. But seriously, this article is BS.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                          I still don't understand why so many people are against increasing the numbers of games in a season because it would cause too many injuries, yet the also are against reducing the number of games in a season (which would, in theory, greatly reduce the number of injuries). Does a 16 game schedule cause just the right amount of injuries?
                          I'm not against it because of injuries. I think it's dumb for other reasons. However if the injury argument is the best chance at keeping it at 16 I'm all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                            Brett favre should probably drop dead when he retires then.
                            You think death will stop Brett Favre??

Comment

Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
                              You think death will stop Brett Favre??
                              No but Chuck Norris, Sarah Palin and the cast of Street Fighter are all going to try.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information