No announcement yet.

Is Beanie Wells a bust?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes he's a bust. He was drafted at the end of round 1 and he's playing like a 3-4th rounder. Not a total failure. His running style just doesn't translate to the NFL well enough to make him a 1st round pick and he's built like he's going to miss an average of 4 or so games a year due to injury.

I don't buy into waiting 3-4 years to evaluate a running back. They don't have to learn technique like QBs or receivers or DBs and they don't need time in the weight room like OL and DL. Running backs breaking out in the 3rd or 4th year after sucking are the rare exception and not the rule. What you see is what you get in their first season, most of the time.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
      I don't buy into waiting 3-4 years to evaluate a running back

You're right, Darren McFadden is a bust.

Follow Me on Twitter!

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
        You're right, Darren McFadden is a bust.
        Yeah he came to mind right away but I still believe he was the exception not the rule

If you look at the guys drafted: Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, MJD, Lynch, Matt Forte, Ray Rice, Frank Gore, Stephen Jackson, Willis McGahee (yes he WAS good for awhile), Marion Barber (same). You could see all of them were going to be studs their rookie year.

Others: Jonathan Stewart, Felix Jones, Brandon Jackson, Reggie Bush, Laurence Maroney, Ronnie Brown, Joseph Addai, Cedric Benson, JJ Arrington, etc. They aren't bad, they just haven't changed much at all since their rookie years. They all got chances and never really improved.

Exceptions: Darren McFadden, Cadillac Williams (he was supposed to be good), Deangelo Williams

There are others that just didn't put up numbers because they didn't get a chance such as Tashard Choice and Larry Johnson, but that isn't the case here.

Point being, if you give him an opportunity as a rookie and he can't handle it, odds are heavily against him being a good starter.
        Last edited by umphrey; 12-26-2010, 11:57 AM.

Thanks to BK for the sig

You may think I'm biased but 2 years is WAYYYYY to early to declare someone a bust. You can say whatever you want about the cards line, but it sucks, the year that Beanie got drafted the team had just come off a season as one of the worst rushing teams in football averaging 2 yards per rush attempt, largely due to their lacking O-line. Add to that the fact that this years passing attack faltered allowing teams to stack 8 in the box on most plays.

Now I WILL be the first to admit to you that he suffers from nagging injuries and this year hasn't been a shining one but last year he averaged 4.5 ypc and amassed almost 800 yards with 7 TD's. Not exactly unimpressive considering their rushing attack the year before and the fact that it was his rookie year.

BK sig is straight sex
          THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
          Baltimore Ravens
          Cleveland Cavaliers
          Cleveland Indians
          Chelsea FC
          Originally posted by keylime_5
          Miller is visual sex on the field.

Debug Information