Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donovan McNabb to ask for release.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    McNabb is no longer a starting QB that gives a team any hope of winning a Super Bowl. I don't see why any team would bring him in as anything but a stop gap or backup.

    Comment


    • #17
      I bet Al takes a run at him.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Halsey View Post
        McNabb is no longer a starting QB that gives a team any hope of winning a Super Bowl. I don't see why any team would bring him in as anything but a stop gap or backup.
        I completely disagree with this. I think he could totally revamp and offense and lead a team with surrounding talent (Vikings) deep into the playoffs, or at least a divisional title.

        Shannahan is an egotistical jackass.

        Comment


        • #19
          McNabb to Cincy, calling it now.


          Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
            McNabb to Cincy, calling it now.
            What as the backup?


            RIP themaninblack

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
              McNabb to Cincy, calling it now.
              That wouldn't make any sense at all. They'll either stick with Palmer or go with a young guy. McNabb would do absolutely nothing for them.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
                Was there any point to this post other than to troll the vikings?

                Anyways, I really hope he does come to the Vikings. Just so we can bring in a top flight QB from the draft and give him the Aaron Rodgers treatment.
                For a couple of seasons now Minnesota has been suggested as a possible landing spot for Donovan McNabb. Personally I think it's the wrong direction to go in, but obviously what's bad for the Vikings is good for the Bears so I wouldn't complain if he did end up in purple.
                "TELL MARTZ I SAID F*CK HIM!"
                17/10/2011

                Comment


                • #23
                  Personally, I'd love to see McNabb in SF. McNabb is and has always been a good QB and I think he could thrive in SF, whilst mentoring a young QB (Ponder/Devlin). They have some great weapons in SF with Crabtree, Morgan, Gore and Davis and a young, talented OL. McNabb could help them reclaim the NFC West, but they'll need a coach who can, y'know, actaully gameplan.

                  I used to respect Shanny, but this **** in DC has made me hate him. I can understand why he dislikes Haynesworth, but failing to see the difference between work and family is just unforgivable.

                  Originally posted by ElectricEye
                  I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I think that Cincy, boot Owens and Ocho and keep Palmer...he looked great with out his "top two receivers".

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      This dummy should never signed that silly contract in the first place.

                      What was he thinking?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Morton View Post
                        This dummy should never signed that silly contract in the first place.

                        What was he thinking?
                        Why wouldn't he? If he gets cut he basically made an extra 3.5 mil instead of just going straight to free agency. If we somehow keep him, he will be one of the highest paid QB's and could just be a backup for the rest of his career collecting checks. Financially it was a great move, and I'm sure when he signed it he never imagined being benched for Rex Grossman full time.

                        Sig By:The Dynasty

                        2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                          Why wouldn't he? If he gets cut he basically made an extra 3.5 mil instead of just going straight to free agency. If we somehow keep him, he will be one of the highest paid QB's and could just be a backup for the rest of his career collecting checks. Financially it was a great move, and I'm sure when he signed it he never imagined being benched for Rex Grossman full time.
                          Because, basically, by signing the contract, he cedes all of his power to the Redskins organization.

                          If he hadn't signed that contract, he would be able to seek out teams with which to sign immediately after the 2010 season. At this point, the Redskins have the power to keep him on their roster until the day before they have to pay his 2011 bonus, which they probably will do.

                          Basically, in exchange for $3 mill, he relinquishes his ability to find the best landing spot for himself in 2011. It's not worth it for just $3 mill, when he could have easily found someone to sign him as a free agent for more than that next year, in all likelihood.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Nah I don't know man, back-up QB is the best job in the NFL. I know it hurts his "pride" but the contract is great for him, if they release he gets 3 mil if not like SeanTaylorRIP said before he just sits and collects checks as one of highest paid QBs in the league, doesn't sound like an awfully bad idea for McNabb.

                            Bone Krusher, the best

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Malaka View Post
                              Nah I don't know man, back-up QB is the best job in the NFL. I know it hurts his "pride" but the contract is great for him, if they release he gets 3 mil if not like SeanTaylorRIP said before he just sits and collects checks as one of highest paid QBs in the league, doesn't sound like an awfully bad idea for McNabb.
                              The problem for McNabb is that they'll wait until the very beginning of the 2011 season until they release him, and by that point all of the great opportunities to nail down a long-term contract with another team will be gone.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information