No announcement yet.

Mike Singletary fired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Singletary could get a HC job in college, pretty easily in fact.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      Singletary could get a HC job in college, pretty easily in fact.
      he got rejected by Baylor.

******* BAYLOR.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
        he got rejected by Baylor.

******* BAYLOR.
        Are you sure? I thought it was the other way around.

Also, I didn't say BCS, but he could get a job.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          Are you sure? I thought it was the other way around.

Also, I didn't say BCS, but he could get a job.
          The alumni base wanted Singletary, but he was rejected via phone interview for job. They said because he had no HC experience. I say because he was black. Also because he's terrible.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

He can be our new D-Coordinator when we get rid of our turd muffin.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

If there is one thing I learned as a fan, it's that you better hire a qualified man to be the head coach of a football team. I think Jed York learned this lesson the hard way as well. Mike Singletary was terrible. His 1985 mantra never worked and had no hope of working in the first place...and his approach to how things should be run was not conventional or logical. There is a reason why no one wanted to work under him when he was interviewing offensive coordinators, and there is a reason why he clashed with two of his starting quarterbacks on the sidelines this season. The guy got this job as a hand-me-down instead of actually earning it by moving up the ladder. From a linebackers coach straight to head coach was how he rose to the top. It was doomed for failure from the beginning. And in time it showed that he had absolutely no idea what he was doing. At least Mike Nolan was a coordinator to his credit...and may be a head coach again in the NFL. I don't think Singletary is ever going to be a head coach in the NFL ever again.

I'm glad he's gone. Time to start celebrating.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
              Originally posted by Borat
              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

I think they did this to get the jump on Jon Gruden. Only reason why you fire a guy with one game left that hasn't lost the locker room is so you can go after a coach thats out of work and won't talk to team with a head coach still in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                  Im interested in what his future will be. I highly doubt he will get another HC job. I doubt he gets a DC gig either. I wonder if he will be willing to accept a LB coach job.
                  If I were another team, I wouldn't mind having him around as a linebacker coach/motivator type of guy but I sure as hell wouldn't want him as a coordinator. He was just simply over his head in terms of game planning, adjustments, etc. Motivating is about all he was good for and even then the team came out completely flat some games. I could see him as a good college head coach at a smaller program.

FYI, the team president has announced that the team will be looking for a new general manager to find a coach. I think he's going to go after a big name, he's a young guy who seems like he wants to make his own mark. He said after the firing that money is no object, he only cares about winning Super Bowls. Not sure that many big names are out there though, the most common names that are going to come up are going to be John Gruden, Jim Harbaugh, and Mike Holmgren I imagine.

It's just been miserable watching Dennis Erickson, Mike Nolan, and Singletary look completely lost for the past 8 years. Hopefully the team brings in some credible leadership this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                    He can be our new D-Coordinator when we get rid of our turd muffin.
                    Hahahahaha you have no idea how bad he would be as a D-Coordinator.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

The second Singletary started getting up in Troy Smith's grill on the sidelines today I knew he was a dead man walking.

You simply cannot go after a player that has proven as much in this league as Smith has and expect there not to be repercussions, he's a franchise quarterback for god's sake!
                      "TELL MARTZ I SAID F*CK HIM!"
                      17/10/2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        Hahahahaha you have no idea how bad he would be as a D-Coordinator.
                        I don't like it when you belittle my knowledge on inferior subjects.
                        RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by CameronCropper View Post
                          The second Singletary started getting up in Troy Smith's grill on the sidelines today I knew he was a dead man walking.

You simply cannot go after a player that has proven as much in this league as Smith has and expect there not to be repercussions, he's a franchise quarterback for god's sake!
                          Has there ever been a coach that has had a sideline explosion with two starting quarterbacks in the same season?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                          Originally posted by Borat
                          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                            Has there ever been a coach that has had a sideline explosion with two starting quarterbacks in the same season?
                            I'm certain Mike Ditka had that on lock-down at least once with the Saints.
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

Isn't this the standard for SWDC cool kids?

Comment

I didn't mean to belittle you :(. I was just trying to say that Singletary could never ever call plays consistently.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information