What if your team re-located?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
    I think I'd be a fan of the Steelers even if they moved and another team started here.

Then again, I know many Cleveland fans and they hate the Ravens, but then again its a little different because they kept their team name and history, so it was more like the Ravens were the expansion team, except they wern't terrible.
    Not true, Im a die hard Indians, Cavs, and Buckeye fan, yet NFL I go colts with Ravens as a close second. Although this is because the Browns expansion franchise wasn't around when I was a kid and Peyton Manning is my hero :)

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
    BK sig is straight sex
    THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
    Baltimore Ravens
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Cleveland Indians
    Chelsea FC
    Originally posted by keylime_5
    Miller is visual sex on the field.

Comment

I'm not american so wouldn't matter to me.

If I lived in New England, though, I think I'd root for both.

Comment

Big Chicago Bears fan even though I have only been to the city twice so I wouldn't care at all if they moved, they'd still be my team.

Originally posted by SolidGold
        Bortlezzzzzzz
        Originally posted by Monomach
        Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

Being a Buffalo Bills fan, the possibility of a move is always threatening and omnipresent. I have given myself this hypothetical before, and I think I'd still root for whatever my Bills would become. Being a Buffalo native, I'd (and the rest of the region) will obviously feel betrayed, as we have provided a formidable home and an excellent fan base for the Bills for fifty years at this point. However, I'm so involved in this team, that I can't find it possible to root for someone else...

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

I'm a Chiefs fan no matter what.

Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

I can't speak for the Rams, Raiders, Titans, or Colts, but basically when your team moves, imagine someone you really hate rips your heart out, grinds it up in a blender, then puts it back in, all the while banging your wife and sister at the same time. That is basically the feeling of the Browns going to Baltimore and winning the super bowl. Changing their colors to black pretty much confirmed they went to the dark side as well. Thankfully (or hopefully) Modell will never get into the hall of fame because of this (we're talking about the guy who fired Bill Belichick and Paul Brown). Baltimore became my least favorite team ever since the move and remains just that.

Comment

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                Being a Buffalo Bills fan, the possibility of a move is always threatening and omnipresent. I have given myself this hypothetical before, and I think I'd still root for whatever my Bills would become. Being a Buffalo native, I'd (and the rest of the region) will obviously feel betrayed, as we have provided a formidable home and an excellent fan base for the Bills for fifty years at this point. However, I'm so involved in this team, that I can't find it possible to root for someone else...
                Plus if they were to move two hours away it wouldn't be tooo big of a deal to be honest. Way better than them moving to LA or something.

Comment

Publically owened team, won't ever happen so no worries for me :)

Comment

I was raised a 49er fan. When I was stationed at Ft. Polk, LA in 1993, I started following the Saints. 7 years later, it was apparent I was going to be in LA for a while. I started to switch my loyalties slowly and now, ten years later, I am in love with the Saints. When Katrina hit, I received a large number of NO children into my school. I think it was the fact that I could talk football with several of them that helped me connect with them. I'd have to say I would stay with the Saints.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                      I was raised a 49er fan. When I was stationed at Ft. Polk, LA in 1993, I started following the Saints. 7 years later, it was apparent I was going to be in LA for a while. I started to switch my loyalties slowly and now, ten years later, I am in love with the Saints. When Katrina hit, I received a large number of NO children into my school. I think it was the fact that I could talk football with several of them that helped me connect with them. I'd have to say I would stay with the Saints.
                      You know what they say.....once a cheater always a cheater.

In regards to if a team moved to Toronto....I imagine I would probably stick with the Bucs although I would definitely adopt the hometown team as my "second" team...especially if it was the Bills with Cam Newton :D

Comment

I was born in New York and bred to love the Giants, but I moved to Miami. However, I hate all the Miami teams, and even if the Giants moved I'd still root for them since even being in Miami I love them. Since New York isn't my city any more I guess I couldn't care less if the Giants were the Portland football giants or the Los Angeles football Giants, as long as they keep the team name and history.

The only thing I would care about if they became the New Jersey Giants, that just sounds nasty... if New Jersey were to ever get a team please let it be the Jets.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Never in a zillion years would the Eagles Franch$e up and leave the city.

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
                          The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
                          Newton
                          South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
                          Barely literate +5 swagger
                          Thief +15 swagger
                          Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
                          Big, average speed -3 swagger
                          Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
                          Total Swagger: 62
                          ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

I'm a Titans fan not a Tennessee fan...I'm also from England...

Comment

I honestly have no idea who I would root for. I probably would stick with the Vikings, at least for a few years, before getting sick of it and moving on. Who knows though...

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information