What if your team re-located?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if your team re-located?

Not sure if it has ever been discussed, but I was thinking today...I was wondering what I would do if the Lions moved from Detroit and then another expansion franchise started there. I tried to think about it, but I couldn't figure out who I would root for. Did the Oilers fans follow them to Tennessee or are they now Texans fans? Browns and Ravens? I know it will obviously depend on if you live in the city or not, but for me, I root for the Lions because I briefly lived in Michigan as a child when Barry Sanders was there. I really have no connections to the city of Detroit, although I do root for the tigers too. I guess my question is, if your team moved and then another team moved to your city, which team would you follow?

I think I'd be a fan of the Steelers even if they moved and another team started here.

Then again, I know many Cleveland fans and they hate the Ravens, but then again its a little different because they kept their team name and history, so it was more like the Ravens were the expansion team, except they wern't terrible.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

I was born and raised in the Atlanta area. There's zero chance of the Falcons leaving anytime in the near future, but if they did I'd root for the expansion team over them.

Comment

If the jets left ny/nj, I would become a giants fan.

Comment

That was a very real possibility that the Saints could have moved following Katrina and I thought about it and thought about it and came to the conclusion that I would always be a Saints fan no matter where they went.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

Comment

I don't think I could switch teams now, maybe if they got contracted i'd follow the Chargers or Packers(born in Wisconsin) but if they just moved cities I would still follow the Cardinals

oh just read the last part, in all likelihood id root for both for awhile, eventually probably just go with the local team

Comment

I think the biggest factor in this is whether or not the team keeps its name.

Comment

Absolutely nothing would change, Vikings fan through and through.

Comment

Well I'm not a fan of the Vikings so I don't have to worry about that.

Comment

since im from germany, id just keep rooting for the bears

Comment

I remember when Buccaneers were threatening to go to Baltimore I vowed if they moved to Baltimore they would no longer be my Buccaneers and so I can tell you I would not root for the Bucs if they moved.

Comment

if the Lions left then I'd root for whatever expansion franchise took over in Detroit. the Lions would be my new rival team that I'd want to crush. I'd probably have to pick a new favorite team like the Falcons or something.
                        SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                        Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

I'd root for both... probably the expansion in head to head matchups.
                          I have a friend who was a Oilers fan and now roots for the Titans.
                          He doesn't give a damn about the Texans... and he's from Houston
                          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

I root for my city more than my team. If the Steelers moved and Pittsburgh had a new franchise, I'd be Pittsburgh through and through.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                            https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Been there, done that. And no, I didn't root for the Ravens. Pretty cool to have the only team to be reincarnated. Even though they suck. I remember they left when I was 4 or 5, my dad was crying when he heard the news. He didn't watch football until they came back.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information