The Pats 2010>2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pats 2010>2007

Well according to football outsiders it is.

Before today's game, here are the DVOA for both teams (both of these are the highest of all-time, and this years is going to improve a lot after today's game)

'07 Patriots - 45.2%
    '10 Patriots - 48.3%

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff2007

'07 Patriots - 36.8 ppg, 411.3 ypg, 48.2% 3rd down, 16 turnovers (+16differential), 12 30+ point games
    '10 Patriots - 32.0 ppg, 355.0 ypg, 47.9% 3rd down, 9 turnovers (+27differential), 11 30+ point games

I dunno if its "better".. But its more impressive considering the players the 2010 offense consists of, and the defensive competition they have played.
    Last edited by elway=goat; 12-27-2010, 04:06 AM.
    bill belichick quote:
    stats are for losers. the final score is for winners.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen

No.

(10 char)

Comment

Hasn't this been posted?

And, no. Just no.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

The only thing that's better is the turnovers, but this is only the offense too. The 2007 defense was better than this group.

I think they're very good, and the best in the league, but the 2007 team was definitely better.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Yea, I think 2007>2010 as well. Only thing 2007 has on 2010 is KR/PR
          That and turnovers. I read the record low for a 16 game schedule is 13
          As long as the Pats have no more than 3 TO's against MIA next week, they'll have that record too.
          Tom Brady's TD/INT ration is better this year too. Although 50/8 is pretty ridiculous.
          Last edited by Nalej; 12-27-2010, 09:20 AM.
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

No, no, no, and maybe... no.

Comment

No. Even though we lost the superbowl, I still consider 07 a very special year.
              Breed's QB Philosophy:
              Originally posted by Breed
              At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

Talent-wise no, but I think their current offensive scheme suits them a million times better than the spread did.

Not only that, but the 07 team peaked around midseason and was declining at this point in the year because it had so many old legs. This team is still going strong and getting better.

Comment

This is a scary good team right now without the egos. But, what the 2007 Patriots did was special. This team doesn't match up with '07 at every facet of the game although it does come close to some. '07 was just better overall but that's not taking anything away from this current team.

Comment

its far more fun to watch this team than the 2007 team. Too many egos and expectations got in the way in 2007. I like my team as the underdog (2001)or the everyman team (any other year) - no more talented than any other in the league, but more prepared and on top at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by elway=goat View Post
                      I dunno if its "better".. But its more impressive considering the players the 2010 offense consists of, and the defensive competition they have played.
                      So wait you're saying they are better but want us to take into consideration that the players aren't as good? Seems to be a disconnect here...

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                        So wait you're saying they are better but want us to take into consideration that the players aren't as good? Seems to be a disconnect here...
                        He saying on a talent level, no, they aren't as good. However, as a team they have gelled beautifully and by a statistics stand point they might not be as good as 07' but as a team (the 10' team) their record is more impressive due to lesser big names and athletic ability on the 07' team at least thats how I have interpreted it.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Defense is a bit worse but more turnover heavy. Offense not quite as explosive, but just as productive.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                            Defense is a bit worse but more turnover heavy. Offense not quite as explosive, but just as productive.
                            ^^This! 2007 was the perfect storm for the Patriots. It will never happen again - ever! This year doesn't even come close to 2007 no matter what the stats say. 2010 has been a very good year to be a Patriot fan though, but the league isn't as strong this year as it was in 2007 imo. I can't see why anybody would even try to argue that this year is better than 2007.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
                            I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

I think Brady is at his best when he doesn't have a star receiver. I know the stats show I'm wrong, but he just looks much better right now.
                              That team looks better as well. The defense worries me though.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information