• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best DT in NFL?

1. Ngata
    2. Suh
    3. Raji

Those are my top 3 off the top of my head. Who do you guys have at the top of your list?

Suh is one of the most impressive rookie I've seen in a long time. As good as Ngata is, I think Suh will pass him soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see Suh blossom into the most impactful defensive player in the league within a few years.

are u going for 3-4 DTs, 4-3 DTs or both?

cause i cant see Raji above guys like Wilfork, Kyle Williams, Tommy Kelly, kevin williams or even babineaux.

Comment

Originally posted by GOTTI View Post
      1. Ngata
      2. Suh
      3. Raji

Those are my top 3 off the top of my head. Who do you guys have at the top of your list?

Suh is one of the most impressive rookie I've seen in a long time. As good as Ngata is, I think Suh will pass him soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see Suh blossom into the most impactful defensive player in the league within a few years.
      4-3 or 3-4? I think it is hard to judge if we are just making it general.
      Ngata plays DE in a 3-4.
      Rajii is a 3-4 NT.
      Suh is a 4-3 DT.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
        are u going for 3-4 DTs, 4-3 DTs or both?

cause i cant see Raji above guys like Wilfork, Kyle Williams, Tommy Kelly, kevin williams or even babineaux.
        Both 3-4 and 4-3 guys.

Wilfork is a better run-stuffer than Raji but I think Raji is a bit more athletic and makes a bigger impact as a pass rusher and can make some plays that Wilfork can't.

Kelly's not as good against the run although his pass rushing has been impressive this season.

Kevin Williams was not that great this year and certainly not better than Raji. Those other guys aren't in the same class.

Comment

I was just thinking about who the top nose tackles were coming off Raji's big game against the Giants. I still have to put Wilfork above him, not by a lot though. Ngata is probably the best DL in the league, it's just a question of whether you call him a nose tackle or not. Past that Raji stands on firm ground, followed by Tommy Kelly then Kyle Williams.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Wilfork > Raji (I'm a pat and BC fan so its not a homer pick)
            Wilfork is the best NT in football today (bc Ngata plays DE)
            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

I'm gonna say Suh is already the best DT in the game. He's just phenomenal. Fred Robbins and Barry Cofield are also in the discussion of the best DT's, even though no one follows them. Robbins quietly has 6 sacks this year and has been a force for the Rams defense.

Comment

Ngta>Suh>Everyone else

Comment

pretty impossible to determine who is better between Wilfork, Ngata and Suh but they are def tier 1, could probably throw in Dockett if he were still playing UT

Comment

Originally posted by JPP90 View Post
                    I'm gonna say Suh is already the best DT in the game. He's just phenomenal. Fred Robbins and Barry Cofield are also in the discussion of the best DT's, even though no one follows them. Robbins quietly has 6 sacks this year and has been a force for the Rams defense.
                    Robbins has been great this season, but Cofield has been average.

Comment

He is not the best but ellis has been an absolute beast this season. Better than a few of the guys ive seen mentioned in this thread

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                      - Corner or Wideout in the first
                      - No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Tommie Harris is an absolute beast.

Wait, there I go again thinking it's 2006....
                        "TELL MARTZ I SAID F*CK HIM!"
                        17/10/2011

Comment

Originally posted by CameronCropper View Post
                          Tommie Harris is an absolute beast.

Wait, there I go again thinking it's 2006....
                          Harvey Melton for GOAT!!!

Comment

I would love to see the NFL gravitate toward more DT's in the mold of Ndamukong Suh, fast, strong, athletic, 3-down players, rather than the big blob sumos that are huffing and puffing after the first series.

Comment

Originally posted by J255979-11nine View Post
                              Robbins has been great this season, but Cofield has been average.
                              Cofield has been right on par with Sedrick Ellis and Robbins in that 2nd tier after the obviousguys like Suh and Ngata. I wouldn't call his output this season "average".

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information