No announcement yet.

Week 17 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teams need to be looking for the next Tom Brady, not the next Bill Belichick.

Belichick's record when Tom Brady starts: 110-32 (.775)

Belichick's record when anyone else starts: 51-62 (.451)

Comment

The NFL wunderkind experiment is likely over. Really didn't hit with any of those young hires. McDaniel's and Mangini in New York were both prominent examples of that kind of deal. I don't think the NFL will stop going young with head coaching candidates, but I think there's going to be a bit more looking into making sure their experience and track record checks out.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Mike Tomlin worked out pretty well...he was very young with only 1 year of coordinator experience iirc before being hired. But he had a great defensive coordinator already in place and an organization with a history of good management.

Comment

You guys are forgetting the youngest coach of them all, who has panned out so far: Raheem Morris. Although he wasn't given personnel control(that belongs to another sub-40 year old in Mark Dominik). Raheem had no coordinator experience serving as a DB coach before being hired.

Comment

Tomlin is an interesting guy. Really hard to figure out. He's obviously very good at working within that system there and managing the personalities on that team both on the roster and the coaching staff. The schemes he came from are the absolute opposite of what LeBeau runs for the Steelers too. If you had written all of that down on paper you would have to think he had the most working against him in terms of fitting in, but he's obviously done a fantastic job.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
              You guys are forgetting the youngest coach of them all, who has panned out so far: Raheem Morris. Although he wasn't given personnel control(that belongs to another sub-40 year old in Mark Dominik). Raheem had no coordinator experience serving as a DB coach before being hired.
              well to be fair, last year and parts of this year Bucs fans were already screaming for his head.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                Why did the Broncos get rid of Mike Nolan last year? Seems to have turned Cameron Wake into a beast like Doom last year.
                Yeah McDaniels pretty much made sure to try and get rid of anything good the Broncos had going for them.

Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                  David Garrard will miss Regular Season Finale.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/2...s-regular.html

Big blow for the Jags, although I can see a motivated Trent Edwards play well.
                  So is David Garrard out of Jacksonville? I'm guessing he plus Del Rio are toast.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                  -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                  Originally posted by Borat
                  Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                    So is David Garrard out of Jacksonville? I'm guessing he plus Del Rio are toast.
                    Be crazy if Fisher, Del Rio, and Kubiak all lost their jobs.
                    Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Well, if there's anything positive to emerge for Eagles fans from the Vikings loss, it's that we still get a bye of sorts, and Dallas will likely receive a lower draft pick when they beat our backups this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                        Del Rio should be toast, but he won't be. Garrard should be toast too, but he won't be either. Wayne Weaver does not have the money that a lot of owners have and cutting Del Rio and Garrard loose will be expensive. And where the Jags will likely be picking, they will miss out on Luck and Locker. I'd be shocked if Gene Smith drafted Newton or Mallet because he has shown that he does not want guys with character concerns. Add the uncertainty of the labor agreement and it looks like both those guys are here for at least another year.

Now if the Jags could sign Palmer, McNabb, or maybe Orton for cheap, Garrard may be gone. But are any of those actually an upgrade?

Originally posted by SolidGold
                        Bortlezzzzzzz
                        Originally posted by Monomach
                        Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYxRttRwtzc

I wasn't sure where to post this but was emailed this today on face book . It didn't need it own thread .

Comment

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...some-starters/

Sorry Giants and Bucs, the Bears are about to open the playoff gates for the Packers.....I'd really love to knock their smug asses out but alas, I guess it's better to not risk injury at this point. The Football Gods typically don't like teams that do that though....so I'm a little worried.

Comment

How long do you guys think Tom Brady will play? Should I find a replacement for him for my fantasy championship this weekend?

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                                http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...some-starters/

Sorry Giants and Bucs, the Bears are about to open the playoff gates for the Packers.....I'd really love to knock their smug asses out but alas, I guess it's better to not risk injury at this point. The Football Gods typically don't like teams that do that though....so I'm a little worried.
                                I don't know why Smith had to say all week that he's going to play his starters all game and then not follow through with it.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information