No announcement yet.

Week 17 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will the media and fan backlash be like regarding the Bears resting starters this week if the Packers are the team that eventually knocks the Bears out of the playoffs in the NFC Championship Game?

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
      What will the media and fan backlash be like regarding the Bears resting starters this week if the Packers are the team that eventually knocks the Bears out of the playoffs in the NFC Championship Game?
      It would suck. A lot. But it couldn't happen until the NFC Championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        It would suck. A lot. But it couldn't happen until the NFC Championship game.
        And that's why I conveniently wrote "knocks the Bears out of the playoffs in the NFC Championship Game?"

I mean, I fully expect the Bears to win their divisional round game against the Saints if the Packers beat the Eagles in the wildcard round.

So they're probably going to be in the NFCCG. But seriously, a loss to the Packers of all teams, in the NFCCG, at home, would be utterly disastrous. Lovie Smith and the Bears better pray that the Eagles upset the Packers in the wildcard round, because I have a strong feeling that if the Packers get into the playoffs, they're going to blow past the Eagles, and blow past the Falcons and head straight to the NFCCG.

Comment

My lack of thoroughness in reading aside, It would suck a lot still, but I don't think the backlash would be as bad as if say, we laid down and let them into the playoffs and then lost to them a week later hosting them in the Wildcard round.

Even if we let them in, they'd still have to get through 2 other playoff caliber opponents before they'd face us again, so it wouldn't be as bad in terms of "oh, we let them in, and then they beat us!" It would just be along the lines of "Dammit, we made it to the Championship game and lost to the ******* Packers....."

Comment

Trent Edwards time bitches

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Ron Brace is going on IR. The Pats are so thin on the defensive line now, they really don't want to see a running team in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                Tomlin is an interesting guy. Really hard to figure out. He's obviously very good at working within that system there and managing the personalities on that team both on the roster and the coaching staff. The schemes he came from are the absolute opposite of what LeBeau runs for the Steelers too. If you had written all of that down on paper you would have to think he had the most working against him in terms of fitting in, but he's obviously done a fantastic job.
                I'm not a big Tomlin fan to be honest. I think he is Herm Edwards with a better front office and sick defensive coordinator and franchise qb.

Basically, you have to be a complete moron to be a terrible coach in Pittsburgh bc all the resources are there for you to succeed. You just have to show up and cheer. Which is kind of what Tomlin does anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
                  Ron Brace is going on IR. The Pats are so thin on the defensive line now, they really don't want to see a running team in the playoffs.
                  Eh. Brace doesn't see the field a whole lot. We are thin a DL, but Brace has not been a big contributer. Can't get his weight under control. The vast majority of his tackles and playing time came early in the year. As long as we get Mike Wright healthy and Kyle Love continues to make big contributions, we're fine.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I cannot stand Lovie Smith.

For the third time in a decade we've been 5-0 in the division with an opportunity to become the first team in the NFC North to sweep the division, and what do we do? Lay our quivering bodies down beside the fire and let the Packers have their way with us.
                    "TELL MARTZ I SAID F*CK HIM!"
                    17/10/2011

Comment

with us having already clinched the divison I'd normally reccomend us resting.But I don't want to get swept by OAK so screw it DESTROY OAKLAND

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                        with us having already clinched the divison I'd normally reccomend us resting.But I don't want to get swept by OAK so screw it DESTROY OAKLAND
                        I second this. Die Raiders die!

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                          The 3 versus the 4 seed isn't exactly an insignificant difference either. Would you rather play the Jets and Pittsburgh or the Ravens and Pats?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            I'm not a big Tomlin fan to be honest. I think he is Herm Edwards with a better front office and sick defensive coordinator and franchise qb.

Basically, you have to be a complete moron to be a terrible coach in Pittsburgh bc all the resources are there for you to succeed. You just have to show up and cheer. Which is kind of what Tomlin does anyway.
                            I am going to disagree. The front 7 schematically is different between Tomlin's and Labeau's system. They both are cover two shells minus Troy. Tomlin is a motivator of men, where as Herm wanted to have his hand and influence on both o and d. He was a micromanager for the OC/DC.
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

^I agree. Tomlin is one of the best coaches in football.

And Herm couldn't manage the clock for ****. Herm is also pretty stupid. Tomlin seems extremely intelligent, especially when you listen to him speak.

His players play tough, hard, and mostly smart. An extension of their HC.

He made the right decision to stay with LeBeau's 3-4 rather than going to what he was used to - which was brilliant because many guys wouldn't "give in" like that.

He's probably not a huge influence in the Xs and Os in Pittsburgh but I absolutely think he's one of the top motivators/big picture teachers in the game which definitely contributes to how well the players execute on Sundays.
                              Last edited by gpngc; 01-01-2011, 10:52 PM. Reason: Tomlin is awesome.
                              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

So who is pumped for the Toilet Bowl on Sunday night?

Biggest game of the week!!!!!!!!!
                                "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information